Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

new project

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Default RE: new project

nop seriously I can set an engine up by ear and proved it ( I know when its good to go ) your computer tells you what to do if you can and the limits are set

Old 09-11-2006, 06:05 PM

not counting the gayic chip

Old 09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
5th Gear

lol i know how to tune by ear too, thats all we used to do, but with the computer that are NO limitations what so ever, it doesnt tell us anything but what all the different sensors are reading, and then we change what ever we need to change to be where we want to be, trust me the system we use is a top of the line standalone system that we control not the computer
ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

nop seriously I can set an engine up by ear and proved it ( I know when its good to go ) your computer tells you what to do if you can and the limits are set

Old 09-11-2006, 06:29 PM

and that's where it all falls apart your sensors control your car via the computer so you have limits, all cars have limits but the early ones beat the new by far because they are tunable without diagnostic tools so a saving in cash, you must be a young lad??

Old 09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
5th Gear

Lol yes im young but i know what im doing, lol and the sensors only tell us where the car is at, they I can control what i want to change, the only thing the computer does is what i tell it to do, and trust me it has no limits on what i can do or change, if i set it out of where it can run at that specific rpm the computer isnt going to save the car and tell it how to run it will die, it relies solely on my input to tell it what to do.... and I have nothing against old cars, that’s what I grew up with, I can tune a carb car with the best of them, I can do my mustang in the dark, i know what im doing and with the computer system there is 10x the adjustability or any carb or early efi system out there, i love your car and wich i had one as nice body wise but i bet my 84 4000cs with 20v turbo well run better than yours anyday

and that's where it all falls apart your sensors control your car via the computer so you have limits, all cars have limits but the early ones beat the new by far because they are tunable without diagnostic tools so a saving in cash, you must be a young lad??

Old 09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
18T
4th Gear

oh snap! international challenge!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:46 PM

ahhh hahahah hehehehe hahahah dream on son nothing personal you understand

Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 PM
5th Gear

lol oh i know man, and the same to you, im just saying that IMO using the set up we do its much easier and you can change alot more variables on a motor than with a standard set up

ahhh hahahah hehehehe hahahah dream on son nothing personal you understand

Old 09-11-2006, 06:56 PM

so we understand each other ( just a little test ) I throw the computer stuff at you and you go back to before the computer elevation, im impressed, I work both sides and prefer the old but that me, I also understand the new after 10+ years on it I should

Old 09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
5th Gear

and i work both but prefer the new ( in most cases)

so we understand each other ( just a little test ) I throw the computer stuff at you and you go back to before the computer elevation, im impressed, I work both sides and prefer the old but that me, I also understand the new after 10+ years on it I should

Quick Reply: new project