Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Phone

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Default New Phone

I'm in the market for a new cell phone. I currently have a Sony Ericsson z520 but it is starting to die on me. It has been a great phone for the 2 years now that i've had it and i've been happy with it.

http://fido.ca/portal/product/product.do

Those are the phones available through my provider currently. Does anyone have any immediate suggestions? I may end up just picking up the same phone just because it works for me but if I can find something new that'd be good too just to break up the norm a little.

At first I was looking at the LG TG800 (GSM "Chocolate") and the Razr but i've read bad things about both of them and mostly in terms of reception.

Any advice you guys/gals can give would be appreciated.

EDIT: Link fixed.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Phone

i'm a die-hard nokia man. I live pretty far out in the boon-docks and it seems like the only phone that gets decent reception out here is nokia.

And before anyone says that it maybe the carrier, I've already tried several different carriers... I really think it's the phone

I'd love to have this one... Nokia 8800

Old 02-04-2007, 07:25 PM
2nd Gear

i've had a razr for over a year now and love it. it's been a great phone. great reception, menus and very durable. plus it looks pretty sweet.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:30 PM

DirtySouth, that is one awesome phone, but also very expensive haha.

midohioguy, when I tried a Razr the menus seemed really sluggish when viewing pictures and navigating. Do you have that experience or could it just have been a lemon phone?

Old 02-04-2007, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

you're gonna get mixed reviews from the razr... some people love it others think it's crap. two of my friends love it and the other couldnt wait to get rid of it. it is a hot looking phone though, although a little dated.

and yes, the 8800 is pretty expensive. You can go to www.nokia.com and check out all the phones they have worldwide and then bid for it on ebay. I know youre taking a chance buying a phone on ebay and you cant get any type of insurance for it. but hey, i bought my 8860 and my 8890 off ebay with no problems. What I can't figure out is why Nokia took all their coolest phones and released them everywhere in world except the USA

Old 02-04-2007, 08:40 PM

I have the chocolate - its freaking great. The reception is wonderful. Phone took some getting used to it though.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:45 PM
5th Gear

I have a razr and I really like it, it does pretty good almost all the time yea once in a while it does some crazy **** but other than that its been great

Old 02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear

The RAZR rocks. End of story. Anyone who tells you otherwise isn't me,and therefore shouldn't be trusted.I actually just picked up the new one today, the V3t, bigger camera res, micro SD upgradeable memory, music playerand a few other things. My old RAZR got water in it this morning and made the "Tron noises of Death", so I figured I might as well upgrade. And it's black. and not black like the old black RAZR, that one in black looked cheap, this one is HAWT in black.

Though that Nokia 8800 is the ****, but not worth the extra money over a RAZR unless you just really don't like clamshells.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:32 PM
3rd Gear

Get a Sony Ericsson K790i !!!

Old 02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
3rd Gear

or a K750i
If you are in a music get the K810i (Walkman).

Quick Reply: New Phone