Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

new phone...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 PM
1st Gear
Default new phone...

for verizon. Anyone have any suggestions? Can't be a smartphone or a blackberry cause I don't want to pay for a data plan I wont use.... I was thinking either the Motorola Krave ZN4 or the LG Dare...

Any opinions?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
5th Gear

Man, after owning a smart phone... all other phones look the same to me.
I vote getting a Blackberry curve or something, and not getting a data plan. You'll still be able to text like a banshee, and you can organize your life while you're at it. Curve's aren't expensive, either. I'd vote getting a Palm, as they are pretty cool even without data... but until those ******* come out with WiFi, I am boycotting them. I loved my old Treo 650 and 680... but Palm is SLOW to react to market demand. I've got a BB Bold now, and I love it. Had the iPhone for 4 months... couldn't deal with the virtual keyboard.
Rock a BB without data. You will still love it. Just won't have the l337 email functionality.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:36 PM

I'm pretty sure you can't get a blackberry on Verizon without getting the data plan, I tried which is why I got the motorola q9c with windows mobile. It's pretty good but it's getting replaced by the verizon version of the bold when they get it.

I agree that after having a smart phone I'll never go back.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Never used Verizon before since I've always been a GSM subscriber.

I would second the Blackberry though. It's a nice compact phone with features (more than we really need IMO). I have both the Curve and Bold and loved them both.

I'm on the same boat with headshok2002. I can't really handle touch screens both from iPhone or even the Prada. Both are nice phones but texting on a screen just isn't my thing.

Good luck.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:39 PM
5th Gear

The day Blackberry gets their head out of their *** and make a half keyboard half touchscreen... oh God. That'll be glorious. To this day, I miss my old Palm Treo.
I figure someday Blackberry will do it... now that they have done the POS Storm, they should at least use that touch technology in something worthwhile. Basically a Bold, with touchscreen. Would pwn everything out there.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:58 PM
4th Gear

Verizon sucks

/end thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear

^ no it doesnt. Ok it does. But i have the DARE and i like it a whole lot. I dont need stupid F*****g apps to tell me where the bathroom is and control my life. lol. the dare is pretty awesome. plus you can draw on it and you dont have to use your finger. anything will work (i like using my pencil and looking important in class) lol. but ya. dare is good

Old 03-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by headshok2002
The day Blackberry gets their head out of their *** and make a half keyboard half touchscreen... oh God. That'll be glorious. To this day, I miss my old Palm Treo.
I figure someday Blackberry will do it... now that they have done the POS Storm, they should at least use that touch technology in something worthwhile. Basically a Bold, with touchscreen. Would pwn everything out there.
I have to agree with you again.

I used to be a Treo guy with my last being the 750. It was nice until I got to hold the Curve and see how tiny the thing was compared to the Treo. Of course the 750 isn't the tiniest of all (650 was thinner I believe).

I have heard about Blackberry creating something with the combination of Bold and Storm (I believe the 8900) so I'm not sure if that one will be touch screen.

However, I think the BB are more user friendly compared to the Treo. Of course I would say the Treo is easy to use but I have been using the Treo for quite sometime too. Also the fact that BB created the messenger just made it that much more unique/different.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 PM

I recommend the Dare and you dont need a data plan like the Blackberry's. The Dare is a sweet phone..and very iphonish.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 AM
4th Gear

i went from an iphone to a blackberry... blackberry is win.. get one.

Quick Reply: new phone...