Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Movies...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: New Movies...

My roommates and I get really bored and lazy on Sudays. We started getting the old 80's horror movies that are $5 for 13 hours. We never laughed so hard. One film a lady was running from a killer then got kung-fu'd by some random guy thatjudochoppedher and ran off. We must have watched that scene a dozen times wondering wtf was going on.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:39 PM
4th Gear

Dead Silence was on "low budget" and was "freaky/creepy" more than scrary.

Instead--they focused money on Sound,Lighting,Makeup... and IMO it showed in the movie.

ORIGINAL: scg87

What's your favorite movie you saw in theatre or rented lately?? New movies only. In the last month I've watched:

Hannibal Rising: totally badass, just like the rest in that series

Borat: stupid as hell, but funny

The Departed: also badass, crazy ending

The Prestige: roller coaster from start to finish, makes Saw seem predictable and Mundane, plus it stars Scarlet Johansen

Zodiac: completely sucked

300: F#CKING INCREDIBLEmovie, must see

Dead Silence: decent, a few disturbing/startling scenes, but I was expecting better since it was from directors or producers of Saw(s)

What about you all??

Old 03-20-2007, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

The Queen - obviously meant for Brit audiences, portrays the inner bickering of the Prime Minister's office in a 7th grade Civics book style, portrayal of royal family slightly more convincing.

The Depaahted - overrated, unimaginative, lacking any discernable directorial or cinematographic style. Clean, well-lit sets make film seem like an episode of Law and Order, while the stench of the actrors' fear of screwing up a line can alnmost be felt in the theater. Unconvincing but funny dialogue makes up for most of the firm's shortcomings. A supersize serving of cliched surprises at the end stretches the suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.

Death of a President - a stunning and disturbing cinematographic achievement, takes the mockumentary genre to a whole new level. Unique in that it demonstrates just how unrealistic seemingly believable action thrillers are.

The Prestige - ambitious, but ultimately fails to deliver a powerful, well, Prestige at the end. This film has an identity crisis, is it a sci-fi film or a human drama?

Borat - clearly produced for theater release, as opposed to the TV series where all of Cohen's characters aren't after just just gags, but provide powerful social commentary.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
3rd Gear

The 300 was amazing!!!!! best movie I have seen in a long time..

Old 03-20-2007, 05:35 PM
3rd Gear

300 one of the best movies i've ever seen. "There is no reason we can't be civil" lol great line esp while he's eating an apple

Old 03-20-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

Definately 300..but The Illusionist is pretty good, if any one has seen it.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 PM
2nd Gear

i have got to go see this 300 movie, bad!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
2nd Gear

Saw "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock over the weekend.

Review I read was ho-hum about it, but wife andI thought it was good.

I like the time-travel / what would you do over? movies. That other one she did with Keanau Reeves( The Lake House? ) was good too.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Regarding Premonition, Deja Vu etc - there are only so many ways that Run Lola Run or Sliding Doors can be remade, and quite frankly I didn't think that hollywood was intent in finding out just how many times that concept could be rehashed.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:24 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: HansBlix

The Queen - obviously meant for Brit audiences, portrays the inner bickering of the Prime Minister's office in a 7th grade Civics book style, portrayal of royal family slightly more convincing.

The Depaahted - overrated, unimaginative, lacking any discernable directorial or cinematographic style. Clean, well-lit sets make film seem like an episode of Law and Order, while the stench of the actrors' fear of screwing up a line can alnmost be felt in the theater. Unconvincing but funny dialogue makes up for most of the firm's shortcomings. A supersize serving of cliched surprises at the end stretches the suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.

Death of a President - a stunning and disturbing cinematographic achievement, takes the mockumentary genre to a whole new level. Unique in that it demonstrates just how unrealistic seemingly believable action thrillers are.

The Prestige - ambitious, but ultimately fails to deliver a powerful, well, Prestige at the end. This film has an identity crisis, is it a sci-fi film or a human drama?

Borat - clearly produced for theater release, as opposed to the TV series where all of Cohen's characters aren't after just just gags, but provide powerful social commentary.

lol wtf are u?

moving on!

Quick Reply: New Movies...