Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

New kind of Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Administrator
Default New kind of Wax

Well.. Turtle wax was nice enough to let me sample their newest products. "Ice" it consists of a spray on wax, and spray on detailer.. well here is my review

Time To apply wax: 3/4 to 1/2 of the time it took to use traditional wax

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Somethings that I noticed right away, very easy to get overspray onto the windows.. yet fairly easy to clean off. So that is a plus. It works on plastics and rubber, so it did the lowers on the car really well.. With other waxes I would have to swap chemicals to do that and worry about keeping them seperate. But not with "Ice" also easy to hit up the tires and inner wheel wells. Its great for door sills and weather stripping. Its shine after all said in done was about a 3 1/2 out of 5 Star rating. It gave it a beautiful shine, but didnt have the deepness to it (if you know what I mean) also the wax needs to be applied about every 3-4 months. The shine holds up for a decent amount of time and it doesnt act like other waxes that seem to cling dust to them over night. (so you end up having to wash again the next day[:@]) the only thing that I didnt like was that a bird crapped on my car immediately after waxing.. this hasnt happened to me with other waxes so maybe there is a special bird attracting chemical in the wax lol.. Just kidding. One thing you might notice after waxing is that it feels like you still have more to do. it goes on like a detail spray.. so you manage to schedule 2 or so hours for a nice waxing into your busy day, and immediately after starting you are done.. maybe thats a good thing for those that are in a hurry, or for those that want time to enjoy their ride. But if your the kind that likes the feeling of devoting hours each time to your car, then maybe you can just spray on the wax about 25 times and wax the wax

BTW to get un unbiased opinion, and make sure that this "Ice" wasnt just enhancing the wax that was already on the car.. I decided to test it out on the only thing around that i was damn sure had never had wax on its paint before.... so out came the lawnmower.. and damn that thing shined up really well. Looked brand new again

Old 05-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Default RE: New kind of Wax

wow... sounds cool. I never really got into the Turtle Wax products. Never came out the way I wanetd. I stick with the Zymol. I might have to try this new Ice product out though. Thank you for the reveiw red.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:50 PM
18T
4th Gear

turtle wax rocks! always use turtle products! never been unhappy!

Old 05-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Administrator

i was thinking of buying that wax and since your review i think i will go buy it now

Old 05-16-2006, 01:35 AM
4th Gear

the ablility to do the lowers with the same stuff sells me on it.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:45 AM
2nd Gear

does it protect the paint the same? because it seems that it doesnt give the same kind of coat that a thicker wax does, seeing as how the ice can be sprayed...

its about that time a year where i slap on the turtle super duper wax. that once a year stuff, im gonna have to borrow my buddy's buffer

Old 05-16-2006, 03:34 AM
2nd Gear

Thank's for the review Karl, I have seen the commericals on TV, and was wondering about the product as well. Sounds like it's worth it, I wonder if they have it at the local Wal-Mart yet? Hummmmmm.........

Old 05-16-2006, 03:36 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Yeah Cory's claybar pics, I've been on the detail tip now... Im gonna go claybar & wax the car this weekend,
I wonder how the quick wax (spray on stuff) compares w/ the stuff u spend hours buffing... oh well.

I dont know about the bird attracting chemicals - [:'(] i'd go w/ the new & improved bird poop free formula..

THanks for the review Red.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Administrator

sorry i didnt clarify enough, i was at work when i wrote that.. the spray on stuff is the "Detail Spray" and the polish is a liquid that squirts out the top like a ketchup bottle if ya know what i mean

Old 05-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Administrator

ok i also just used this new wax and in my opinion i would give it a 3.5 out of 5
the shine was decent but it didnt give the nice soft feel that a normal wax would give

i also clay bared my car and its so smooth

Quick Reply: New kind of Wax