Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

New GTO

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 06:28 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: New GTO

ORIGINAL: bentframe

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I hope gas prices don't encourage GM to make some of the super POS of the early 80s all over again. What a dark period for cars.
what are you talking about?? without that era we wouldn't have the mustang 2! have you forgotten that the mustang 2 is pretty much the most beautiful car ever created?!
I thought I remembered Mustangs being really ugly about then, but I had to google it to make sure you were joking.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:49 PM
2nd Gear

Fox body mustangs look like ****... its such a white trash car IMHO.

I think the GTO is based of the Monaro CV8 (Aussie)

Old 05-12-2006, 07:03 PM
5th Gear

for those in doubt, YES, i was joking about the mustang 2 being beautiful..if you aren't familiar with it, look it up. it's easily the ugliest mustang ever (far more ugly than the new ones)

Old 05-13-2006, 01:44 AM
1st Gear

About the GTO being discontinued...

The current model GTO was nothing but a limited production place holder untill they get the next GTO out. The chassis under the Monaro and GTO is at the end of it's life in Australia and Holden has been working on the Zeta platform. This is the platform the new GTO and Camaro will be based on. No there will not be a Firebird (unless they change their mind which is possible) because the FBody is dead.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: kextyn

About the GTO being discontinued...

The current model GTO was nothing but a limited production place holder untill they get the next GTO out. The chassis under the Monaro and GTO is at the end of it's life in Australia and Holden has been working on the Zeta platform. This is the platform the new GTO and Camaro will be based on. No there will not be a Firebird (unless they change their mind which is possible) because the FBody is dead.

Ugh, thank god about the firebird being taken to a magic farm where it can run with all the other obsolete and overstyled GM garbage. My question is: where will The Bavarian Bangler get his inspiration from now?

Old 05-13-2006, 11:35 PM
4th Gear

I think the new camaro looks like *** and will continue in the fine tradition of being a car for rednecks. If it wasn't for the Corvette, GM should just close its friggin doors and shut up.

/Can you tell I like American cars? [8D]

Old 05-14-2006, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

I think the new camaro looks like *** and will continue in the fine tradition of being a car for rednecks. If it wasn't for the Corvette, GM should just close its friggin doors and shut up.

I agree, when was the last time you actually saw somebody in a Camaro who didnt have either of these:

1) Chest wig
2) Johnny's Bail Bonds ball cap
3) $2K worth of tattoos
4) wifebeater shirt

The only thing keeping current and previous generation corvettes from attracting the same clientele is the price, but the design IMO looks like it was done in 8th grade study hall (as opposed to 6th grade study hall for all pontiacs)

Old 05-14-2006, 01:02 AM
4th Gear

You forgot the true camaro tell....the mullet!

It's all business up front and a party in the back! You can't go wrong with this great look in your bitchin' camaro.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:31 AM
1st Gear

Whoa, thats pretty gross, but you're right -a mullet is a dead giveaway.

Other carmakers should like have an intervention service where the family of a person who is shopping for a camaro can call, and a buncha Audi or Merc people show up and tell them why they're hurting their loved ones with their car choice

Old 05-15-2006, 01:48 AM
3rd Gear

+1

Just a matter of time.