Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

THE NEW CAMPAIGN STICKERS ARE IN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
cbg
Default RE: THE NEW CAMPAIGN STICKERS ARE IN!!!

As much as it pains me, I am sure Obama will win. He is more charismatic than Bill Clinton, a difficult feat. I think the democrat situation is funny, Hillary is the "official" nominee it seems, as she has put in her time and the party higher ups back her. Obama is hard to ignore due to the large turnout he gets. McCain would not be a great Pres, but neither is Bush. He will be much better than Obama, will not bankrupt our country even more and raise taxes.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM
4th Gear

honestly I don't believe Obama will be a spend thrift like most Dems - especially Hillary. He seems to have a better grasp of how things need to balance (and that's key to the economy) than tip in any favor.

Unfortunately we have to drive down our deficit that the Bush admin has gotten us into - war is never profitable to those that fight it. Also unfortunately, we will have to pay for it - "we" as in us taxpayers.

The only thing I can predict is that any administration that does enter - fuel prices will drop dramatically.

Noticed gas is at an all time high and not one Congressional member is demanding an explanation??

Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 AM
4th Gear

Noticed gas is at an all time high and not one Congressional member is demanding an explanation??
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...&topart=luxury

I thought this was an interesting article. If only the price of diesel could be equal or less to gas or if the feds had incentive programs for diesel cars. Maybe then audi's tdi cars would be more attractive to US buyers.