Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

New A5,A9,Q7,TT,Q4,A6

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 06:51 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New A5,A9,Q7,TT,Q4,A6

i think he said somethin about his sheets being wet too, i dunno

Old 08-19-2008, 10:16 AM

I'm new to the Audi world(not a novice to car's). Im soon to be an audi owner(2000 A6 2.7t quattro manual trans-6spd) and before I go through with finalizing my purchase I had a few questions and I figured you guys would be the right people to ask since this is the website for the AUDI ENTHUSIAST.

1) The REAR FOG LIGHTS that are mounted on the trunk lid, the one located on the right is dimmer than the fog light mounted on the left; is that normal or are both fog lights supposed to share the same brightness?
2) The Trunk doesn't pop open on its own like I've come to know in most other vehicles, it requires manually lifting it up after the trunk release button is pressed, is this normal?
3)The in-dash LCD screen isn't illuminated when driving, the dealer states, "that this is normal since the car is a manual trans, it wont show the gears as the driver transitions" is this normal?(it does work however, it will illuminate if the door is open etc)
4) The rear view mirror isn't glued onto the windshield as I've come to know in most cars, there is a partial cut out in the glass where the rear view mirror is going to be mounted, is this how the rear view mirror is normally mounted?
5)when braking the front end vibrates which is customary to bad rotors, could it be something else going in the front alignment?

Thanks in advance for your help
Haitianmack1

Old 08-19-2008, 05:03 PM
6th Gear

1,2,3,4 sound right, but 5 sounds like possibly bad rotors like you said, I'm not really sure what it could be.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:02 PM
4th Gear

HOLY OLD THREAD, BATMAN!

Seriously dude, just start a new thread next time.

Like CAB said, 1-4 sound right. I would get 5 checked out by a mechanic or technician before you purchase the car (along with everything else on the car, of course).

Welcome to AudiForums!