Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need Some Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

Well its always nice to get recognition when driving an Audi, believe it or not the biggest part is keeping that bad girl clean. Nothing says I'm driving my mom's car louder than the wheels being full of brake dust, and having bird crap all over it. Needless to say, a nice set of 19" or 18" OE wheels from a newer (04, 05, 06) S4 should do the trick. Along with 35% tints all around, and finally the OEM rear spoiler if your car did not come with it.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
4th Gear

In the end, it's hard to make a nice car (any car) look like it belongs to a young person because most kids your age are going rice (or trying to look rice).

Old 08-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Senior Administrator

Easiest way, IMHO, is a nice set of wheels (mesh or thin 5-spoke), and maybe drop it about 1/2". Painted lowers will make other Audi owners notice you, but non-Audi owners'll prolly never notice that particular mod.

You could make all that happen for under $3k, I believe, and have loot left for tha Honeys!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
I think he was talking about a 6 speed manual transmission.

You have a nice car, and it's nice to know that you have the ability to say you bought it yourself. The whole thing about ricer wings and neon lights, and who knows what else was mentioned is all in sarcasm. The overwhelming majority of the good people here are very anti-ricer. And obviously your choice of vehicle says a lot about you.

But don't permanently attach a class of '11 sticker to your car, you will regret it, in about a year, when you go to college. In fact, if you go to college away from home, that will be enough to stop the looks. For now, I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's probably the look of envy anyway.

For a better idea of some simple, tasteful, "make it more me" mods, post your question up in the A6 section, and I'm sure you'll get some good, inexpensive, ideas.
Thanks a ton for the advice. I live in Minnesota, and it snows more than half of the year. so having a manual would be pretty difficult. i actually turned down a newer VW Jetta, because of this little detail. But i came out ahead with a sick import anyways!

Also, Any advice on what sort of Decal i should get? If any at all?

Im trying to go as least expensive as i possibly can. At the moment im a CNA and i take my EMT course in the late fall. and then my Paramedics eventually. so i wont be able to work for that time so i might be a little short on money if i blow it all on a $1,200 magnaflow kit. or some spendy rims. so if you know a good site i could get cheaper rims on that would be sick too!

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Easiest way, IMHO, is a nice set of wheels (mesh or thin 5-spoke), and maybe drop it about 1/2". Painted lowers will make other Audi owners notice you, but non-Audi owners'll prolly never notice that particular mod.

You could make all that happen for under $3k, I believe, and have loot left for tha Honeys!
To be honest, i live in a small town. about 13,000 people only. And there is probably only 6 audi's in this entire town. All driven by doctors and lawyers. so i don't think it would make much of a difference if at all if i painted the lowers ): but i do really like the wheels idea. i was thinking about getting colored rims. just cause of the fact that green looks pretty sick with black rims. But then on the other hand, do i really want to be another kid with black rims? that brings up the ricer question again. Thanks for the advice though! would appreciate your input again!

P.s. Sorry if i couldn't get to quoting everyone's ideas. i am in a little bit of a hurry. Got to party while i still can this summer. CHEEUH!

Originally Posted by tnlk84
Well its always nice to get recognition when driving an Audi, believe it or not the biggest part is keeping that bad girl clean. Nothing says I'm driving my mom's car louder than the wheels being full of brake dust, and having bird crap all over it. Needless to say, a nice set of 19" or 18" OE wheels from a newer (04, 05, 06) S4 should do the trick. Along with 35% tints all around, and finally the OEM rear spoiler if your car did not come with it.
Living in Minnesota the window tint limit is 50%. And i wish i knew if that was dark enough or not to be worth it. but tinting windows is pretty cheap. and having leather seats really sucks on hot days and that would fix half of the problem haha.
Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by ChristianReed; 08-23-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 PM
4th Gear

I think 50% might be worth it, it'll add a nice touch.

Shop around used online here and VWvortex.com for some inexpensive usedwheels. (Stop calling them rims, people don't like that around here, just a heads up). You're looking for 5x112 bolt pattern, which most Audi and VW have, but I'm not sure of the offset on the A6. I wouldn't go bigger than 18" because very few people can pull off the look (Jeremy, if you're reading this, you are a rare exception).

A new exhaust with a good low growl would definitely help too. Whatever you decide to go with, do what makes you happy, and expresses yourself. You drive a fine piece of German engineering, and I still think the looks are envy more than anything. But like it was stated before, make sure you keep her clean...

Old 08-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
make sure you keep her clean...
You know, that's another nice way to step apart, and a pretty easy DIY-mod, if you take your time.

De-badge!

Hit up eBay for a clean grill.

If you don't wanna be just another kid w/black wheels, spend a little to get them painted body-color. With your color green it would DEFINITELY be worth the money, for the look you'd have. You cud possibly DIY this, too, but the chances of messing it up are pretty good if you've never done it before. Pay someone and get the cleanest possible job done! Find some decent black 18"ers you like, with a nice chrome lip, to start with...

Add the tint (50% is plenty, trust me)
De-badged
And the color-matched wheels
Stainless-steel exhaust
Maybe look to paint your calipers (yellow, of course), down the line

Then, start saving up for a supercharger-kit

Ummm... You're independently wealthy, right?!?!?

Old 08-24-2010, 03:01 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
You know, that's another nice way to step apart, and a pretty easy DIY-mod, if you take your time.

De-badge!

Hit up eBay for a clean grill.

If you don't wanna be just another kid w/black wheels, spend a little to get them painted body-color. With your color green it would DEFINITELY be worth the money, for the look you'd have. You cud possibly DIY this, too, but the chances of messing it up are pretty good if you've never done it before. Pay someone and get the cleanest possible job done! Find some decent black 18"ers you like, with a nice chrome lip, to start with...

Add the tint (50% is plenty, trust me)
De-badged
And the color-matched wheels
Stainless-steel exhaust
Maybe look to paint your calipers (yellow, of course), down the line

Then, start saving up for a supercharger-kit

Ummm... You're independently wealthy, right?!?!?
Haha im imagining everything your saying here on my car. And its making my smile pretty wide. Independently wealthy? for someone in highschool id say im pretty wealthy. but i dont have thousands of dollars to my name, no. haha. but im on my way to med school! could cash in my college funds to make this audi look amazing...Hmmm..naw

Old 08-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ChristianReed
i was thinking about getting colored rims. just cause of the fact that green looks pretty sick with black rims.
I will hunt you down and punch you in the jugular if you put green wheels on your car. But it's your ride do what ya want

Old 08-24-2010, 08:38 AM
3rd Gear

Wheels (19" VMR 710's look great on an A6), coil overs or spring/shock combo, exhaust (not too loud just sporty), chip. Enjoy it

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/link...Silver_282.php

Those are 18's and not lowered. You can see why I chose 19's and lowered but you get the idea.

Last edited by somebody5788; 08-24-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
I will hunt you down and punch you in the jugular if you put green wheels on your car. But it's your ride do what ya want
The car is "Polo Green" and i would get black rims. not the other way around haha.

Originally Posted by somebody5788
Wheels (19" VMR 710's look great on an A6), coil overs or spring/shock combo, exhaust (not too loud just sporty), chip. Enjoy it

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/link...Silver_282.php

Those are 18's and not lowered. You can see why I chose 19's and lowered but you get the idea.
Those are some very sick looking rims. what color would you suggest with a "Polo Green" car?...

p.s. for those of you reading and dont know what color polo green is. It's very similar to Racing green, but a little darker still.

Last edited by ChristianReed; 08-24-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Some Suggestions