Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need help finding someone

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 07:38 PM
2nd Gear
Default Need help finding someone

Thanks for all the help, I've learned everything I need to know from this thread.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:43 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Need help finding someone

Ouch. Should never settle anything outside of the legal way to do it. You will never be able to collect anything from her.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear

Old 10-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Senior Administrator

Make sure you mention to Heinz that you can't collect if she's... well, you know. Actually, I'm sure he ALREADY know that, so never mind.

Old 10-21-2005, 10:19 PM
2nd Gear

Do you want an address?
Try going to the DMV and run a plate check.
Tell them you were in accident and need to get insurance info.
Also need to file SR-1 'proof of insurance'. You can check back later with DMV to see if they got a response from her.

Old 10-22-2005, 12:00 AM
2nd Gear

Old 10-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Senior Administrator

PM Heinz. See if he'll help you out

Old 10-22-2005, 01:51 AM
1st Gear

*cough*
I don't know what you guys are talking about, but if I were to, oh I dunno, imagine how I ...might... do something like this.

Here are a few things, you have some very good starting information, more so than I usually have. I typically have a picture and an alias (rarely real name).

You also have Plate Number. Granted you DMV has issues, we will get to that.

Now what you need to understand, is typically when locating someone, it is for a bigger reason than $1000. But anyways, this is how I, if I ever had to, might, go about tracking someone down.

You need to understand, people will be people, they are always bribable and noisy. So go and befriend a known DMV worker, goto the DMV and do you ******* homework. Find out who works there, and who could be a target for an easy friend or a easy night in the sack.

Stalk that person, find out what they do, find someone they talk to, ask them. You need that DMV person to be your buddy or lover. (as for romancing you best know your way todo that).

You get the trust of that person, and then find out they "Work at the dmv" then you wanna prank and old friend.... waaa laaa, person bought... just because there is always a looser/lonely person somewhere.

Here is another go way to find someone, you have a phone number. Fake something, you know the type of car they have, call from a possible local dealership, saying there was a extremely sevear recall and schedule an appointment, you bring the person to you basically. This can be a touchy issue if it is a cell, do you homework, whitepages.com it and reverse number it.

Another thing as you mentioned $19 can buy you alot of information, it also can be quite useless too. Remember, if I were to have ever need to find someone, it would be for alot more in the range of 50k.... or more... or something worse...

Another thing, guess what, you know demographic information, draw them out, if you know a specific area, put an add in the paper and have a drawing for something stupid, and fake it...
IE Suburbia white area, vacation for family
Little Italy, classic restored camaro (guinnies are suckers for camaros)
Brooklyn NY, Cadilac Escilade
Town near Mexico border, Free Wirecutters

you know what I mean, get creative.

Back to the news paper, get a prepay phone, set the voice mail up professionally, as a crime stopper line or something. Put an add in the paper or distribute signs saying propoganda about the person, and for tips call #.

Key to use prepay, no way to trace back to you and your name.

Also when tracking people, get a good fake ID and do stuff in that name, might be a good idea, along with other possible fake documents (gun permits, fake LEO ID badge from a semi far away place, credit card etc (CC doesnt have to work, it just has to look real to prove you are who you are, magnetics go bad ;-) )

Also with the paper, you could claim old friend and you need to get something important to them, and use a name that is common, I like ryan, it works.

Also nothing ever beats good old observation too... I mean typically you dont just find someone in my line of work, so you gotta grind it out... It can take days or weeks. But you will find someone.

I have some other tricks up my sleaves that get even more dirty, but, I cant say incase I ever need to find one of yous.

- Regards Heinz

IE in the case of Jesse Greene, the owner of the S4 that 'bumbed' our very own Lauren5757, I knew the road he traveled at a certain time of day, it only took two days of observation to have a possible match, and the moment I got a possible I went for it, followed him, and got infront of him in traffic, and stopped to apprehend him, the moment I saw he pulled up to close on me that he could not turn out of traffic and that he had a car behind him

oh

Heinz's how not to get killed tip of the day
If you think you might be on a hit list, always leave a car length between you and the car infront of you, as to be able to ram, or cut out of traffic if a perp were to try to attack while in your vehical.

OK i gotta run, you boys got lucky, I just got in from a trip into canada for two days. Apparently when you cross the border and they ask you if you have any "Guns, Alcohol or tabaco" in the car, replying with "What do ya need" is not a correct awnser. ******* Canooks....

Old 10-22-2005, 02:00 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Heinzanova

fake LEO ID badge
Jazz's (sorta) insider's ACRONYM decode of teh day...

(L)aw (E)nforcement (O)fficer

Old 10-22-2005, 02:04 AM
1st Gear

lol, thats a my bad, people in my line of work, well consider that a no brainer, but I guess some would need to know that.... Good call jazz

Quick Reply: Need help finding someone