Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

need to get a new car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:20 PM

So... Again... Unless I missed it???

Why your parents hatred for German awesomeness?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by hiwords
i have a friend with an 06 STI swapped 2000 forester and it's like a sleeping giant. i hope you understand the plan i devised lol.
Forester sti. I'da rolled it if it came...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uyPkavo66Y

Last edited by mctavish11; 10-19-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
5th Gear

ya his is all black with full STI suspension, STI brembos, wheels, who driveline, steering wheel, seats, and cluster. the only thing that would give it away is his exhaust. you can hear him 4 blocks away if he hammered it lol. also he runs the stock STI tires which are from Nitto, the one that almost looks like slicks. you know they don't mess with their tires lol.

JC i hope with the assumptions i made, you can pull this off. just take it easy if your parents are in the car. also the only thing that would be a pain is the wiring harness. however, there's a guru in the east coast who can do it for you like he did for my friend. unless you'd like the joy of figuring it all out yourself lol

Old 10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah your parents are being a little closed minded about the whole thing. They sould like my parents when i was a teenager that wouldn't let me drive anything that wasn't solid steel for saftey, ended up getting an 84 olds cuttlass. God i hate them for doing that to me!
Well you can always do what i do and just rock a truck for a DD until you move out of that bitch. I got my 99 GMC sierra with a 5.3L for $4,000 out the door from an old fart. Put in a $600 crane cam, some 1.5 roller rockers, a flowmaster exhaust and a K&N FIPK cold air intake. Dyno'd 380 at the rear wheels all for about $1,500. I have still yet to find an audi that can dust my daily driver LOL.
Of course if a truck isn't your cup of tea i would go with a eclipse GST or GSX. Cheap to upgrade and can be quick as hell for very little money. Its still easy to work on compared to that of the 300ZX. Of course the cops won't leave you alone with any japanese turbo car. My buddy in the CHP just looks for those things to pull over.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
I know you said no Honda but I'm still recommending the Element. Great cars and can be fixed up to look cleannn.

Though the car is either a love or hate.
All I have for this one is pure hatred. A new hire at my work drives this.

How dare they disrespect the GTR label, and dual exhaust, really??? Do ppl honestly think things like this are ok to do? do they think its "cool"?

And that JL sticker is just asking for it to get broken into, if it even has anything in it...

Last edited by mctavish11; 10-19-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
4th Gear

okay lots of open questions sooo.

Looking for a car

parents said European is out of the question

they say no cause maintaince costs too much and "i cant afford it" or "it becomes their problem"

they are pretty much forcing me into a honda and i wont let them

i asked about the 240 my dad flipped. so basically they want me to get a newish car.

im paying for the car myself. but my dad has to approve. he needs to come with me to check it out, test drive and so on. he will not let me get a car or sell mine unless he approves.

my dad said if i wanna change anything i can, but i have to buy a 100% bone stock all original never been touched car. and for a wrx thats gonna be hard to find.

and for a talon or anything old like that. parents wont let me get anything older than 99

They want me to get a "practial" "affordable" "reliable" car. so they keep saying honda. i keep saying **** you. but if i do go for a honda. its not going rice. its gonna be clean and have a 60trim.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jc61990

They want me to get a "practial" "affordable" "reliable" car. so they keep saying honda. i keep saying **** you..
WIN!!!

haha..chin up

sucks dude.

So its your money, but they are controlling its buying power.

F that.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 PM
4th Gear

Yeah. I'm gonna keep trying to maybe Get them to let me get an s14 or s15 if they won't look at it then I'll look at a Honda -_-

Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 PM
6th Gear

So it's sounding like you dad want's you to have a FWD import. Why not look into a maxima or something, or just spit in his face and get a Trans/Am and supercharge it.

Smokey and the Bandit MUthFUKKA

I kinda went through the same thing with my parents when I was getting the Audi... I wanted horsepower, AWD or RWD, European, and a tight suspension. They wanted safe, FWD, and reliable. we compromised on a slow as ***** Audi with Quattro

Old 10-19-2009, 10:40 PM
6th Gear

also these just came to mind, no idea if they are in your price range but if you have to go the honda route (and honestly they make good cars)

Honda Civic (EK hatch)
Honda Civic Si (the older hatch one)
Acura Integra with a GSR swap or a K20 swap
Acura TL

or the infiniti G20, those are nice cars, with reliable nissan engines and nice interiors.