Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

need to get a new car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 11:44 PM
3rd Gear

**** that good gas mileage ****....get the car YOU WANT. WRX's are good, but in our area (you-NY, me-NJ) every WRX has been driven hard and put away wet. If you find a clean less-modified scooby, ****** it up, they are few and far between.

What about a Eagle Talon Tsi, AWD, turbo, tons of parts......buddy of mine had one and love it til it started going to ****.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:49 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ouzo 2
dude **** SUVs.

I said that too till I cracked my oil pan (camping) and bottomed out almost everytime I went to the lake/ climbing and didn't have room to throw all my gear. so I need something with some ground clearance and storage space, then I love displacement so a V8 is on the list for my next rig too... details to follow so I don't derail this thread.

as for the OP, if you don't want an SUV/Truck and with a 10K budget, I would suggest looking for a MkIV Supra (I don't know if you can find them under 10) or if that's not an option how about a Subaru SVX (yes the one with the awesome windows), or I'd also just go with Nissans but I would just work the K-series, no need to throw in an SR, when you have a great engine or producing good torque already in there. or you need to put an RB25DETT in there instead.

my 0.02cents for what it's worth.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 PM
4th Gear

I'm just curious... you've already got most of the parts for the swap, right? Why have your parents put the kybosh on the A4? And what's their beef with European cars?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by ouzo 2
dude **** SUVs. And if you absolutely need a truck for your job or some **** then i would advise you don't buy one of those either.

get something that gets good gas mileage.
My buddies '06 dodge 2500 cummins diesel gets 19.6 avg. My allroad got about 17. Sooo.... yea, about that "good" gas mileage stuff

not that homeboy here wants a truck, just saying, "good" gas mileage comes in all shapes and sizes.

Originally Posted by MrFlippant
I'm just curious... you've already got most of the parts for the swap, right? Why have your parents put the kybosh on the A4? And what's their beef with European cars?
Yea??? whats goin' on with that?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 AM
4th Gear

id stick with the suby. personally i hate anyone in the subaru love crowd thing because theyre all hippies but the wrx is a pretty nice ride, turbo AWD and just fun. only downside is probably not as nice an interior and its dosent have our torque split when you punch it. but then again nothings wrong with a honda and you can always go the DSM route.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:49 AM
4th Gear

wait what about a merkur xr4ti or mustang SVO (basically same as the merkur) if your into the domestic market.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Administrator

I know you said no Honda but I'm still recommending the Element. Great cars and can be fixed up to look cleannn.

Name:  DSCF0011.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  121.7 KB

Though the car is either a love or hate.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by mctavish11
My buddies '06 dodge 2500 cummins diesel gets 19.6 avg. My allroad got about 17. Sooo.... yea, about that "good" gas mileage stuff

not that homeboy here wants a truck, just saying, "good" gas mileage comes in all shapes and sizes.

Yea??? whats goin' on with that?
i mean a diesel is more efficient, you're right. I didn't think of that immediately, I did think of a diesel jetta or golf but he mentioned no VW's.

without a doubt, a diesel truck has its advantages.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 AM

Tell your parents that they are being unreasonable, complete the 5spd swap, then do some donuts in their front yard to rub it in haha, seriously.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 AM
5th Gear

ok i got the ultimate plan. i know you have some friends in the subi game so this might be possible. get a WRX and have somebody swap an STI engine in it. you won't really be able to see the turbo and instead of the top mount IC, do a front mount so it's not visible. i hope your dad doesn't know what an STI engine looks like.

are your parents paying for the new car or are you? if it's you, things can be easily done as you can build that thing at a friend's house and pay him some money and then you can tell your parents you're selling the audi and buying a Rex from your friend. i have a friend with an 06 STI swapped 2000 forester and it's like a sleeping giant. i hope you understand the plan i devised lol.