Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need advice new(used) car.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by DAS98A4
Im with AWDaholic.

My vote is the subie
Ballin onna budget

I'll get some pics up of my Scooby-Doo, this weekend, prolly. Tint & rain gutters are my ONLY mods, so far.

It's an '09 that I bought off-lease, one year used, for $17K ($236/month, baybee!) in Nov '10. 2.5i Boxer w/tip... Tops out up around 130-ish... 24.5mpg in mixed driving (and, I fookN HAMMER on on this thing, DAILY... if I drove like an adult I'd prolly get closer to 27).

Actually bought it to give to my Mom (she lives in MI, and NEEDS AWD and *reliability*). As soon as it's paid off, later on this year, I'm getting me a nice Leggy GT, for my DD. 2013, another A8, to impress tha Ladies. 2014, maybe an F350 (with teh lifts removed because I will NEVA need to sit THAT damn high). We'll see. Let's just say my *budget* is increasing!

Old 02-10-2012, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

Leggy GT <3

I am currently in love with the Forester XT Sports... so God damn sexy. OP, get a FXT Sport.
Name:  ForumRunner_20120122_195136.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  95.4 KB

Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Guru

I like Jazz's idea of the Super Duty.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by airguard350
I like Jazz's idea of the Super Duty.
remove the lifts and it sits the same height as a 150, except it LOOKS more BAD@55, stanced lower!

Crew-Cab DUALLY, B1tch3$

Old 02-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Guru

My favorite body style still remains the first and 2nd gen Super Duties. Quad or extended cab, 4wd, short bed.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Read what I wrote, dimbulb...

Friend of mine bought a used BMW and a wheel-bearing siezed on her, at speed, and she ended up wrecking... Almost lost her life... What does THAT single anecdotal incident have to so with the brand? NAGDT

Audi's were known for sudden-accelaration problems, and destroying homes, property, and risking life and limb... And yet..., YOU are here, touting their worth.

Which Subaru did your so-called friend buy, anyway? One of teh "toy" WRX categories that are habitually thrashed by their owners and discarded, just so they can go buy another one and thrash THAT, too?!?!? How "old" was it? How many miles? Was the used BMW that was purchased comparable, in ALL those categories to the Subaru? I doubt it. Apples to oranges, my friend.

I've OWNED an Audi... I OWN a Subaru (and, not just ANY one; but one very much like the one he's asking us to compare) Legacy. I answered based on MY experiences, not some friend; or, friend-of-a-friend-who-heard-about-a-guy-who's-married-to-my-best-friends-cousins'-sister-who-heard-that-Ferris-Bueller-is-DYING!!!

You're an @55, several times over, and usually I don't bother interjecting my personal opinion in posts anymore because the resultant e-fights are as pointless as they are pointless. But, just this once:

Grow a dick and eat it.
up yours subaru ball swinger. go moderate at subaruloser.com

you're a loser.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Ballin onna budget
if you think subarus are "baller" you've got some ghetto standards.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Administrator

You just can't not be a dickbag can you?

Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Guru

It's really really hard not to. Especially since he got butt hurt the last time OGs ran him outta the hood.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by esandes
up yours subaru ball swinger. go moderate at subaruloser.com

you're a loser.

Notice how eloquently he addresses my points...

Wonder what s/he drives?

Also, I'm an Admin, not a Mod. Minor point, to be sure, but, as an Admin, I can erase EVERYTHING you've ever posted to this forum and no one would miss you, not even for a minute. I won't, of course, because *I* am better than THAT, and, You! But, know that I could, if I licked dicks for a living, like You do, I prolly would.

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
You just can't not be a dickbag can you?
You are what you eat, after all. So, no, s/he can't.

Quick Reply: Need advice new(used) car.