Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

NEbody got NE dirt on the 1990 CQ's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Senior Administrator
Default NEbody got NE dirt on the 1990 CQ's?

Got a line on a good (looking, NEway) 1990 Coupe Quattro. 179,000 miles. 5-speed. Don't know which engine, yet, but I'll find out more on Monday. I wanted to know if there any KNOWN issues with this year/model combo that NEone is aware of/has experiences with? NEthing? NEone? Beuller? Beuller?

Going to try and free up some time to drive the 500miles to check it out, in the next couple of weeks... Unless there's someone in the Manchester, NH or surrounding area who could swing by and check it out for me...? Hit me back wit a PM if you can go check it out for me, huh?

Old 09-18-2005, 06:48 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: NEbody got NE dirt on the 1990 CQ's?

damn cool cars! but i know nothing else....

Old 09-18-2005, 06:53 PM

Holy crap... is it really worth driving 500 miles for?

Old 09-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Senior Administrator

500miles = 8 hours. IF, and I say IF it turns out to be as good as it looks in the pics, yess! $2700.00 for a '90 coupe isn't a bad deal ab\nd, unlike some of you people *cough*sneakerpro*cough* I dont mind driving to check out a prospect...

Old 09-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Lockable rear differential with automatic disengagement...... Ohhh Yeah!!!!!

Old 09-18-2005, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear

I'm pretty jealous of you AWD... I would love to have one of those, but since I don't have the money and definitly don't have the parking space, I won't be able to get another car till I move out. [:@]

Old 09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Administrator

that sounds like a good reason to move to me... if not then you better rethink your priorities...

Jazz, I know your not selling your A8 are ya?? Im hoping this is going to be a project car for ya!! that would be sweet!

Old 09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear

Oh, don't worry, I'm going to move for sure. I'm 17 right now, thus I live with my parents. Once I move out for college, I'm going to get either an A2 Jetta GLI or an E30 M3 to be my college beater in my 2nd year until I can afford to turn it into a project car. I'm leaning towards the Jetta because it is cheaper, and then get into FWD rally or road racing.

My plan so far is to hold onto the Audi as a daily driver and limit modding to chip and possibly exhaust and save up money so that I can make the Jetta a strictly race car. Then when I turbo it, I can run a straight downpipe and forget about emissions. I want to be the TomRitt of the A2 Jetta.

How about a 2.0T FSI swap running Quattro on an A2 Jetta? That would fly because it would be so lightweight!

But back on topic, what color is the Coupe, AWD?

Old 09-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Cameron

I'm pretty jealous of you AWD... I would love to have one of those, but since I don't have the money and definitly don't have the parking space, I won't be able to get another car till I move out. [:@]
Well, I was doin something INCREDIBLY STOOPIT (typin out a txt msg, on a curved road, in morning traffik) and I smacked a Jersey-Barrier wit my faithful, ever-reliable Camry... Managed to drive it home, but haven't had the courage to pull the wheels off and see what kinda damage I did to the front end (hadda drive with the steering-wheel cocked about 3/4turn to go straight, so I know, at the least, I'll need a steering rack and 1 tie-rod... plus who-knows how much else.). FigRd, for what it would cost to fixit (parts & whatever labor I cudn't do in my parking-lot), I mighr br able to find another daily-driver (that doesn't DRINK premium at the rate my D2 does...). Ran across the C-Q checkin out one of my "resources" that I've posted here several times before. If I don't opt to get it I'll share the link again and maybe one of ypou Jokers might want it... But I git 1st dibbs...

Old 09-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Administrator

mind if we ask how much you might pick it up for? Because that is an awesome car..

and BTW.. I thought you were going to say you wrecked your A8 and I was about to cry.. seriously.. that would be too tough to handle

Quick Reply: NEbody got NE dirt on the 1990 CQ's?