Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Year in Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator
Default My Year in Review

Well we are a few days into the New Year. I am really going to try my best and make this year a lot better than last year! 2007 was by far the worst year of my life so far, so hopefully it won't be that hard. I guess I should really look at it optimistically and see what I have learned over the last year. I will spare you all the details of what made this year that bad, and instead focus on the positive things. We can all turn negative things into positive lessons/tools to help us in life.

WAPCE = Truth

Don't put off re tightening the three bolts on your turbo until after "the drive". Your turbo will fall off while you're up on Mt St Helens.

Fresh paint on your car means that it's soft, and therefore more prone to damage caused by sand on the road.

Never trust a tow truck driver with your car.

If a tow truck driver is offloading your car and hits it into another car. It's your insurance that has to pay, since it technically was your car that hit the other car.

Carry spare coil packs in the trunk.

When a cop is behind you at a red light, don't punch it when the light turns green and only slow when you hit the speed limit. The cop won't think it's as funny as you do.

Arizona is hot, and has "monsoons" in the summer. They come fast. Don't leave your sunroof open.

I-10 is littered with debris of leftover tires from all the blowouts. If you are tired, dodging these little land mines for 200 miles at high speeds will help keep you awake. If not, pull over and remove the small piece of tire from your intercooler.

Hairspray will help you when you're in the middle of nowhere and you have an intercooler hose that keeps popping off.

You can make it from Tucson to Seattle in 24 hours or 8 good DVD's.

Smile and have confidence even if you don't know what the hell you're doing.

Removing your turbo at 2am with a flashlight in your mouth is not the best idea but can be done.

Never fear what the future holds, because we never live in the future, we live in today. So enjoy it while its here.

When you think you hit rock bottom, make sure your at least standing on a steady rock.

A rough patch in life can be fixed with good friends and words of wisdom over an incredibly good steak.

The best jerky can be found on the West Side of Flat Head Lake.

Sometimes all you need to make you happy is to re tune your guitar, and blow the dust off.

If a friend tells you it's a bad idea to spend a few thousand dollars on something, listen to them. It's a lot harder a few months later when you come back and say "you were right".

Don't tell your buddy that you and him should go "finish the keg" by yourselves unless you know for a fact that it's almost empty. Half Full does not mean almost empty.

... I will add more to this at a later time.

I guess in conclusion, I have realized that as a new year is upon is we cant use it to "start over" there is no reset button, things dont go away when the calendar changes. There is no "clean slate" to start with. So we cant use the calendar as a crutch, if you want changes dont make them a New Years resolution. Make them a change and make them now. Everyone has hopes and huge dreams, but most people seem to have a way of putting them off for a later time to keep the dream alive. The most important lesson I have learned this past year is that if you want something go get it. Dont wait on anything or anyone.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:06 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: My Year in Review

That's one helluva year! Lots of good advice as well!

Old 01-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Administrator

The way I figure is with an optimistic look on it.. I can turn something bad into something positive

Old 01-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Site Moderator

If youre having a drink in another country and you're not sure whats in your drink, put it down.

Same as above, but with food.

A wheelchair, a friend acting retarded, and a large crowd might seem like a good idea, but I was informed by the police that it's not.

If youre unsure of who's on the other end of the phone line at work, dont answer by saying, "Craig's donkey farm, we haul ***."

Although it's entertaining, do not mix police tape, ketchup, chalk, and a busy intersection.

While in the deployed in the desert, there's no end to the free stuff you can get. (Like 4 warehouse pallets of coffee stacked 5 feet tall from starbucks )

Don't tell anyone where you got 4 pallets of coffee.

Don't tell people that outrank you dumb, even if they are.

The ocean might seem too small for a jet ski but the lap pool at the hotel is definitely too small.

A true friend will search for you when you've been MIA from a party for an hour. Then help you out of the bushes.

If you're going to tackle a tiki torch, don't forget about the tree behind it.

When travelling, you can never never never never have enough drawers and socks.

If you're dating an exotic dancer, don't tell anyone.

Not all exotic dancers are single mothers. They're all future med students.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Administrator

You guys and your advice are killing me lol. Redgoat, some of your car-related items bring back memories of my formative years as well - keep 'em coming!

Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 PM

Wow!

Thanks guys, I feel better about myself already. Just remember that there is a ying for every yang, and some of you deserve a LOT of yang this year. LOL

Cheers!

Old 01-03-2008, 11:52 PM

Be always at war with your vices,
at peace with your neighbors,
and let each new year find you a better man.

Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-05-2008, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: veloracer

Be always at war with your vices,
at peace with your neighbors,
and let each new year find you a better man.

Benjamin Franklin

LOL. that quote is PERFECT... well... at least the last part. haha

Old 01-05-2008, 04:52 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I laughed....

Old 01-05-2008, 06:03 PM
4th Gear

high school drama is BS

dont trust pople that turned on you before

2nd chances are the limit