Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Wonderful Friday...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:56 PM
5th Gear
Default My Wonderful Friday...

This story is kind of pointless, but I think I'll share it anyway (it's Friday night & I'm extreeeemely overcaffeinated, so who cares??).

To start off, school kinda sucked today. I got a ton of Algebra homework on only my second day back and I had to listen to my classmates talk about their crappy so-called "American muscle cars". On the upside, though, hearing my friend describe hisred '94 5.0 Stang with its racing stripes and orange neon lights made me appreciate my car all the more. So for pretty much the second half of the day, all I could think about was my car.

And to top the day off, me and a friend went into Springfield tonight, ate Thai, and went to Barnes & Noble (where I picked up a copy of Sports Car Internation with a pretty good comparo between a 911 Turbo, an F430, and the new R8). And the ride home was even better because I love city driving (especially at night)and I'm starting to get pretty good with the Tiptronic.

That's pretty much the end ofthe pointless story of my wonderful Friday...or is it?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:00 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: My Wonderful Friday...

I know...I can't wait to chip it. I've pretty much already gotten the permission from my parents, and my warranty it still good through June, so I at least have some time to save up.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:55 AM
1st Gear

My day was ruined by a flat tire...however I did notice an utterly insane amount of modded Audis/VWs/Porsches. They also seemed to travel in small packs, so I can only wonder if there's some big event going on right under my nose. I know Pacific Waterlands is coming up, but isn't that in Portland? Also know of a small thing going on at the Chipotle near here this monday, other than that I'm in the dark.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:05 AM
5th Gear

Yeah, it's in Portland. I've been wanting to go to a show for a while but there is nothing good around here...just hot rod shows (which in my opinion all seem the same). There was actually a hot rod show at the fairgrounds tonight that we almost went to just because it was something to do, but it rained pretty hard, so that was out. I've yet to go to any type of European car show, but I know I would enjoy it.

Flat tires suck...fortunately I've yet to experience one. I love that my car came with a full-size spare, I just hope that I never have to use it.

There any good shows where you're at??

Old 08-25-2007, 08:21 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: KSpark

Also know of a small thing going on at the Chipotle near here this monday, other than that I'm in the dark.
HOLY CRAP I wish there was a Chipotle in Des Moines...

Old 08-26-2007, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear

Dude, my friday was awesome also...

first right before 1st period, at 7:55 am, im walking down the hall way and i see $$$on the ground. i thought it was a 10, then i picked it up and realized it was a 20 then i opened it up and found out it was 2 20's! lunch is on me!!!!

then during 1st period which is pre-cal, my teacher hands me a note that my councelor sent me and it said i could drop pre-cal and still graduate. so right there i stopped taking notes and celebrated!!!

then after school, soccer practice was canceled (and its around 95 degrees)!!!! YAY! best friday ever!!!

and best of all.... it was friday night.... avatar

Old 08-26-2007, 01:06 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: scotts custom

Dude, my friday was awesome also...

first right before 1st period, at 7:55 am, im walking down the hall way and i see $$$on the ground. i thought it was a 10, then i picked it up and realized it was a 20 then i opened it up and found out it was 2 20's! lunch is on me!!!!

then during 1st period which is pre-cal, my teacher hands me a note that my councelor sent me and it said i could drop pre-cal and still graduate. so right there i stopped taking notes and celebrated!!!

then after school, soccer practice was canceled (and its around 95 degrees)!!!! YAY! best friday ever!!!

and best of all.... it was friday night.... avatar
Lucky!! I never find any money. I had a cousin once find $100 in a money clip, and when the guy that lost it came to claim it, he let her keep it.

Do you not like soccer practice, or did you just not want to go because it was 95 degrees??

Old 08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
2nd Gear

3 reasons why i was happy.

1. it was friday and the last thing i wanted to do was spend 3 more hours at school when i could be having fun

2. it was indeed 95 degrees

3. i am 1 of 3 white people on the team and the coach speaks only spanish, so ya.. thats a lot of fun

Old 08-26-2007, 02:37 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: scotts custom

3 reasons why i was happy.

1. it was friday and the last thing i wanted to do was spend 3 more hours at school when i could be having fun

2. it was indeed 95 degrees

3. i am 1 of 3 white people on the team and the coach speaks only spanish, so ya.. thats a lot of fun
Well...good enough for me!! lol.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:05 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

sounds cool, time to chip your car, now that your getting good with tiptronic....
+1

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...&PPT=Chips

Quick Reply: My Wonderful Friday...