Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My uncle sent me this..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:34 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: My uncle sent me this..

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

with a then 30-year-old NATIONALISTIC (tied to the german state) ideology, than fanatical, centuries-old RELIGOUS (not tied to any particular state) ideology.
It doesn't get much more fanatical than the ***** and the Japanese. They used the same tactics as Islamic terrorists do today in addition to regular military manuevers. The terrorists today benefit from a protection that the ***** and Japanese didn't have - political correctness. The media also serves the enemy in a way by showing the horrors of war as they occur. No one back home saw the firebombing of Dresden or Tokyo live. Victory was achieved and then we helped them rebuild their cities. There was no "body count" after raiding an enemy hideout. There was a city on fire and "the enemy has been neutralized".

And for the record, I have no beef with any of you for your opinions.
I'm the same way, I just don't like hearing the same old "our soldiers are being killed for oil/halliburton/nothing" bs. There is a reason to fight Islamic terrorists now and it doesn't have anything to do with oil - and it certainly isn't for nothing. We can buy oil from them until they run out, but we can't live in a world where the nuts think they can attack us with impunity and spread their oppression to millions more.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 PM
2nd Gear

My point is in WWII, you crush the state, the ideology dies with it (although Nazism does seem to have survived to an extent). You could point to the problem on a map. Radical Islam doesn't have a capitol to firebomb.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 12-04-2006, 10:53 PM
4th Gear

My point is in WWII, you crush the state, the ideology dies with it (although Nazism does seem to have survived to an extent). You could point to the problem on a map. Radical Islam doesn't have a capitol to firebomb.
True, but you can see where we could put some more hurt on the systems that support Islamic terror if we chose to do so. We aren't to that stage yet due to political concerns. That is a mistake, but they won't make me prez for some reason!

Old 12-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 12-05-2006, 01:14 AM
5th Gear

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am, as you know, exceedingly stupid
i never said that.

By itself, sure, it's a great statement. Just seemed that like Johnny was trying to lump them both together, using statement B to provide tacit support for statement A. I.E., "It's fine if our troops are being killed (due in no small part to the incompetence of our leaders, I might add) because at least they're doing something worthwhile by fighting in the sandbox." If that was not his intention, then I retract my statement.
i didn't think he meant it in that way, but if im wrong feel free to point it out.

And "let's kill them before they kill us" makes for a great bumper sticker. A comprehensive, well-conceived foreign policy....not so much. Give me the next 10 sentances to that plan. Then then next 50. Then lets try to estimate a body-count for what you want to do. You want to kill every last Muslim who doesn't like the United States? Have fun with that...
it was a summary. i didn't feel like writing my whole philosophy about the war in my post. and no i dont wana kill every last one. just the radicals that want us all dead. or enough of them to demoralize the rest from ever trying it again. worked pretty damn well with the ****'s.

And regarding the WWII analogies...it's a tad different when dealing with a then 30-year-old NATIONALISTIC (tied to the german state) ideology, than fanatical, centuries-old RELIGIOUS (not tied to any particular state) ideology.
Not really

No but they have plenty of leaders to take out. You think all the really important **** members hung out in some capital building together? No they were all seperate and they were all hidden. kinda like saddam. and guess what, we found the ****'s, we found saddam, and we'll find all the islamic radicals too.

And for the record, I have no beef with any of you for your opinions.
i don't think any of us do. im not gona dislike anyone cause they hold a different opinion than me. and u like audi's, so you can't be that bad

Old 12-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 AM
5th Gear

dunno bout you but im chill (really chill) (like REALLY chill)

Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 12-05-2006, 03:03 AM
5th Gear

ding ding ding. someone get playa a cookie

Quick Reply: My uncle sent me this..