Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My uncle sent me this..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: My uncle sent me this..

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

This is exactly the way I feel. If you support sending our troops out to get killed with no real justification you are no better than those who don't support the troops.
Just out of curiosity...is there some epidemic of Americans who don't support our troops that I'm completely unaware of? Are there really people spitting on soldiers who have returned from combat like there were after Vietnam? Does ANY sane person actually blame the brave men and women who have their boots on the ground for this mess we're in??? If there are, I want to talk to them.

I just think this whole "support our troops" thing is just lip-service. EVERYONE supports the troops. They don't make policy, they follow orders.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:48 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

But there is a justification. The US can fight Islamic terrorists now or we can fight them later. The US can sit back and absorb attack after attack from Islamic terrorists or we can start killing them. I vote for killing the ******* at an ever increasing pace. History teaches us that this eventually drives the point home to our enemies, no matter how fanatical they may be. Redeploying your troops thousands of miles away from your enemy never won $hit.
Or mabie if we stopped supporting Isreal so much they wouldn't have started bothering us and our allies in the first place. And since when were we attacked by Iraq (rember the 9/11 hijackers were from other nations like Saudi Arabia). And while we waste billions and stretch our military resources thin China and North Korea contain to get more and more powerful.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:30 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

Not sure if those two statements are meant to be connected, but if if so...

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy s--t, what a ride!â€
Try telling that to some 20 year-old kid who just got his legs blown off by an IED. "Whoooo!!! High-five man, and least you won't die without any scars!" Gimme a break.
its a saying. it means enjoy your life while your alive cause everyone ends up dead eventually.

and great another political arguement. so ya lets do what you guys say and pull out of Iraq and just sit back and wait for them to kill us. **** we shoulda just done this with hitler too. i mean who cares about the rest of the people in the world. we shouldn't have to worry about them either right. you DO realize they have openly stated that they want all of us dead right? so im with pturbo, before they kill us we kill them.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear

its a saying. it means enjoy your life while your alive cause everyone ends up dead eventually.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am, as you know, exceedingly stupid

By itself, sure, it's a great statement. Just seemed that like Johnny was trying to lump them both together, using statement B to provide tacit support for statement A. I.E., "It's fine if our troops are being killed (due in no small part to the incompetence of our leaders, I might add) because at least they're doing something worthwhile by fighting in the sandbox." If that was not his intention, then I retract my statement.

And "let's kill them before they kill us" makes for a great bumper sticker. A comprehensive, well-conceived foreign policy....not so much. Give me the next 10 sentances to that plan. Then then next 50. Then lets try to estimate a body-count for what you want to do. You want to kill every last Muslim who doesn't like the United States? Have fun with that...

Old 12-04-2006, 10:03 PM
4th Gear

Or mabie if we stopped supporting Isreal so much they wouldn't have started bothering us and our allies in the first place.
Why shouldn't we support Israel in the fight against Islamic terrorists? We would help Germany or France if they were constantly being attacked by Islamic terrorists, so why should Israel be any different? Why would you want to give one inch of ground anywhere on the planet to repressive Islamic fanatics? That would only make the world that much worse of a place to live. Look at where these people are in power. Not exactly beacons of human rights, nevermind that the opression that comes with Islamic law stifles the education of entire populations, thereby perpetuating poverty and hopelessness in those countries forever.

We keep hearing that they are going to run out of oil someday - so what are they going to do then if all they got is a $hitload of mosques and their stupid little book? Be mad at the US and the Jews? The way they keep their populations in the dark and their leaders hoard and squander their nations' resources is not our fault.

And while we waste billions and stretch our military resources thin China and North Korea contain to get more and more powerful.
Talk about changing the subject. Why bring up China and NK? You don't want to actively do anything about them either, anymore than you want to fight global Islamic terrorism. And China and NK are both currently contained, while Islamic terrorism is not. Why go after the NKs that haven't killed an American in decades when Islamic terrorists actively try to kill Americans every single day?

Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

You want to kill every last Muslim who doesn't like the United States? Have fun with that...
I don't think that is the plan. Do you recall how we won WWII? I'll give you a hint - we killed the enemy until they gave up. It was not pretty. In fact, it was fecking brutal, but it also lead to victory. And we didn't have to kill every last German, Italian or Japanese person to get there.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 12-04-2006, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Exactly. +1 pturbo. The truth of the matter is that not all of them are bad people. However, the one's who actually take their hatred of America and put it into action deserve nothing less than a 5.56 from either myself or Trey in the chest.
Yeah, I'll drink to that too. Line 'em up and I'll gladly pull a few triggers. I still haven't heard how we plan do this.

And regarding the WWII analogies...it's a tad different when dealing with a then 30-year-old NATIONALISTIC (tied to the german state) ideology, than fanatical, centuries-old RELIGIOUS (not tied to any particular state) ideology.

Guys, we're all the same page I think, or at least close enough, in terms of what we WANT. I'm concerned with the HOW.

And for the record, I have no beef with any of you for your opinions.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:19 PM
2nd Gear

Damnit, I double-post when I get all fired up

Quick Reply: My uncle sent me this..