Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My uncle sent me this..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 04:50 PM
3rd Gear
Default My uncle sent me this..

A mother asked President Bush,

"Why did my son have to die in Iraq?"

Another mother asked President Kennedy,

"Why did my son have to die in Viet Nam?"

Another mother asked President Truman,

"Why did my son have to die in Korea?

Another mother asked President F.D. Roosevelt,

"Why did my son have to die at Iwo Jima?"

Another mother asked President W. Wilson,

"Why did my son have to die on the battlefield of France?"

Yet another mother asked President Lincoln,

"Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?"

And yet another mother asked President G. Washington,

"Why did my son have to die near Valley Forge?"

Then long, long ago, a mother asked...

"Heavenly Father, why did my Son have to die

on a cross outside of Jerusalem?"

The answers to all these are similar --

"So that others may have life and dwell in peace,

happiness and freedom."

This was emailed to me with no author

and I thought the magnitude

and the simplicity were awesome

Love to All

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
PLEASE, FEEL FREE...

TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

An I truly believe this next statement, Ron

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy s--t, what a ride!”

Old 12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: My uncle sent me this..

I know that is supposed to be touching when the comparison to soldiers fighting the war is made to Jesus dying on the cross, but then telling people that don’t support the war to stand in front of a soldier kind of takes the whole goosebump feeling away. Aren’t you Christians supposed to frown upon violence?

Old 12-04-2006, 05:24 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy s--t, what a ride!”
lol thats awesome.

and good message too

Old 12-04-2006, 05:25 PM
3rd Gear

thats the part I really liked, but thought the message as a whole was worth the post..

Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM

true answer is America is a policing state for the world and well respected for this and Europe cant seem to get its leg over the camels back, Briton is an entity on its own

Old 12-04-2006, 06:03 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

true answer is America is a policing state for the world and well respected for this and Europe cant seem to get its leg over the camels back, Briton is an entity on its own
+112312312

Old 12-04-2006, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear

And just because some people don't support the war, doesn't mean they don't support the troops. I'm against the war, but I support our troops cause they have to be over there fighting for our dumb *** "leaders".

Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: VB05

And just because some people don't support the war, doesn't mean they don't support the troops. I'm against the war, but I support our troops cause they have to be over there fighting for our dumb *** "leaders".

This is exactly the way I feel. If you support sending our troops out to get killed with no real justification you are no better than those who don't support the troops.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM
4th Gear

But there is a justification. The US can fight Islamic terrorists now or we can fight them later. The US can sit back and absorb attack after attack from Islamic terrorists or we can start killing them. I vote for killing the ******* at an ever increasing pace. History teaches us that this eventually drives the point home to our enemies, no matter how fanatical they may be. Redeploying your troops thousands of miles away from your enemy never won $hit.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear

Not sure if those two statements are meant to be connected, but if if so...

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4
Try telling that to some 20 year-old kid who just got his legs blown off by an IED. "Whoooo!!! High-five man, and least you won't die without any scars!" Gimme a break.

Almost 3,000 of our soldiers dead in Iraq. Tens of thousands horribly maimed, requiring years (and billions of dollars) in physical/mental rehabilitation. The morgues in Iraq are so full of dead civilians, they're being left on the street. ****-poor planning and management immediately following major combat operations. In regards to Iraq, the question of "For What" has not been answered to my satisfaction....is was "weapons of mass distruction" when we committed troops. Somewhere along the line, it turned into "a link to Al Quieda" (also not true), then to "Saddam was an imminent threat (yes, he was a bastard, but he was isolated), then to "we must bring freedom to the Iraqi people". If Chimpy McFlightsuit had taken the argument of "freeing the Iraqi people" to Congress before this whole thing started, you think everyone would've jumped on the bandwagon?

And the worst part...by diverting resources to Iraq, we've crippled our efforts in the conflict in Afganistan, where we were 100% justified in invading. The situation over there is getting worse, not better. Horrible poverty, complete lack of infrastructre, booming opium production, and rising Taliban influence. I read an article in the Times of London last week. In a town about 50 miles south of the capitol, a local teacher was dragged from his house by Taliban militants, in broad daylight, with his wife and children begging for mercy. They disembowled him, then tied his arms to 2 motorcycles which drove off in opposite directions, yanking is arms right off his body. His corpse was left in the town square. This man's crime? Allowing 10 year-old girls to attend his class at the local school. THAT is the kind of bat-**** crazy people we're dealing with over there.

Supporting the troops goes without saying. But lets take it easy on this rah-rah stuff about the nobility of armed conflict. We (as a country) are in WAY over our heads, and I don't see any easy way out....none of our leaders seem to either.

/Rant

Quick Reply: My uncle sent me this..