Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My modest proposal

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:12 PM
4th Gear

are you asking or are you just "proposing"?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:05 PM
4th Gear

i think he wants to run for president. U wanna know my proposal for the economy. Give every head of household a million dollars to pay off debt. It be way cheaper then bailing out the banks and wasting TRILLIONS of dollars on people that didnt manage their money the first time. They had their chance and the screwed it up. They dont need the bailout we do cuz they arent lending still even with the trillion they have recieved. But hey obama does what he wants. I shoulda thrown my name on the ballot!

Old 04-21-2009, 05:07 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
my modest proposal: will you marry me?
On some days

Old 04-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Sweetee, very flattering but I'm already married.

Here's another sociological proposal: When we go to restaurants where we will be fed far too much food (leading to an ever increasing national waistline) how about a third option when the server asks if we want the soup or the salad? Donate it.

We ingest a few fewer calories and fight the bulge, the server brings a tax credit coupon for a buck (so at the end of the year you can keep a little more of your own money), the restaurant keeps tabs of the donated servings and gives that much food to a shelter or food bank, and you get to feel good about helping your fellow humans.

I like this idea, any thoughts here? Ways to get it implemented?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 PM
5th Gear

the prison system is a lot like the big car companies in some ways. they have old, powerful unions who have long-standing ties with politicians and policy-makers, so they won't be changing the system any time soon. the way it is now, it makes way too much money for too many people.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:29 AM
5th Gear

im pessimistic, dont take this personal. food thing... nobody is forcing anyone to over-order, or to eat everything on the table. you dont need a credit, you need to order smaller portions (you CAN do that). prison thing is on the right track, but yeah, cons and my old bank statement or something... bad idea.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Ky allroad
Sweetee, very flattering but I'm already married.

Here's another sociological proposal: When we go to restaurants where we will be fed far too much food (leading to an ever increasing national waistline) how about a third option when the server asks if we want the soup or the salad? Donate it.

We ingest a few fewer calories and fight the bulge, the server brings a tax credit coupon for a buck (so at the end of the year you can keep a little more of your own money), the restaurant keeps tabs of the donated servings and gives that much food to a shelter or food bank, and you get to feel good about helping your fellow humans.

I like this idea, any thoughts here? Ways to get it implemented?
Reading that; did you know in my area the local gas station/supermarket chain is now offering food perks? Every time you buy gas you get money off groceries. As if America isn't fat enough.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
2nd Gear

I like the idea honestly. It makes sense, but there would definitely be issues of quality control and application.