Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My God!!!!!?? Swim here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 AM

The point about pollution is a legitimate concern. Sometimes I get upset when I think about all of the packaging that comes with everything we buy. If I buy a Snickers bar and throw the wrapper in the trash, that wrapper is still buried in the ground somewhere. I dont know why everytime someone eats a Snickers we need to bury some indestructible piece of plastic wrapper in the ground. That seems wasteful and is a microcosm of the bigger problem.

But posting random pictures of some children in a village in the middle of who knows where is not the way to initiate a rational discussion. Instead it is intended to trigger an emotional response which is counter productive to rational thought, and often leads to resentment towards the cause.

With that being said, I think it would be premature to ban Mr.X at this point. He atleast he has a mild interest in Audi/cars and he is posting in an Off Topic section. Half of my own posts are unrelated to cars and often focus on somewhat controversial issues. But unless that is against the forum rules, members should be allowed to express their concerns outside of the car world, and engage other members in open discussion.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:21 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Dan1969
I'm assuming you never swam in Mexico... You'll find more than tampons there...
Well, I'll pass on Mexico. I wasn't real pleased about what I found in the Hudson. Shouldn't have been a surprise, most of the boat traffic was boats pulling garbage barges out to sea...

Old 09-30-2009, 12:05 PM
4th Gear

market in thialand wasnt to pleasing to look at. though the food was awesome.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:18 AM
1st Gear

lol it looks like mr X started a thread with many people voicing there opinion in the "off topic" section...id say good work, it got me interested in reading the post's...

(you say ban, i say interesting discussion)

Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Zombie Defense Force

not going to ban

Old 10-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by macpyro2
lol it looks like mr X started a thread with many people voicing there opinion in the "off topic" section...id say good work, it got me interested in reading the post's...

(you say ban, i say interesting discussion)
Some people were askin WTF, and, as sometimes happens, some started voicin e-hat. I thought turnin it itno a discussion about why was a good way to diffuse. My plan worked!

He'd posted some car-related content but IDT anybody was lookin at that, just his OT-ed-ness.

PM'd him.

Asked him to involve himself abit more in the car-side, too...

See, I'm a people-person DAMNIT!!!

A FUGKN PEOPLE-PERSON!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM

He should come back to this thread and explain himself.

I havnt been able to sleep since I saw those pictures of the children...just think of the poor children.

Apparently, Mr.X engaged in a type of ethics fallacy.

http://www.ethicsscoreboard.com/list/children.html

Im considering a seven figure lawsuit to compensate for the emotional distress that has been caused. We should go class action on this one.