Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My God!!!!!?? Swim here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Headshok and AWDaholic both have valid points. As to the VTB, my position is this: what does Mr X (or anyone in the position of potentially being booted) mainly contribute here? Yeah this is the OT forum, but it's still the OT portion of a car forum. What does the user typically contribute? We all post non-car-related threads in here but I'd bet that the vast majority of any of our posts on AF are Audi-related. Except for blatant spammers, I haven't banned anyone on the basis of a few posts. Think about last week and member NuYorka (think that was his screenname) posting about a pyramid scheme. That couldve been spam and as such, grounds for banning, except that he's been here awhile and contributes to the focus of the forum's main theme - Audis. Due to that, banning him wouldve been stupid.

Mr X, as it is pointed out, has very few car posts here and instead chooses to use AF as his political forum for this type of post. He doesn't seem to be much of a contributor in any meaningful way with respect to AF and Audi, so personally I wouldn't have a problem with him being shut down. If that ends up being the concensus, and someone pulls the trigger on his membership, I won't lose sleep over it.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Senior Administrator

Devil,

I pm'd him and, he actually pm'd me back. He was very apologetic for taking liberties with posting his social conscience in our little slice of e-heaven. He took OT for what it literally meant, "OFF TOPIC." Says he's an actual Audi owner, which I have no reason to doubt, at his point, given his one or two car-related posts. Aslo says he will tone down his socially-centric posts.

I suggested he at least slow them down until he has more time to make himself known, both as an audi owner and an apparently hyperly-socially-aware inhabitant of Singapore (I believe he said). Owning an Audi in Singapore prolly means he's fairly well-off, for his community, FWIW.

I say, let's cut him some slack, for a while. See how he does.

Everybody?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator

That's cool Just the fact that he replied said something, as I think if his motivations were otherwise he wouldve ignored you. Glad to see that the situation is as you say - I'm perfectly down with him being here and contributing

Old 09-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Site Moderator

As long as he is an audi members and doesn't get out of hand, i have no problem with him staying. The only posts from him that i have seen were in off topic, so i didn't know what his motives are. We are a CAR forum afterall, we wouldn't want a bunch of rush limbaugh's running around posting nonsence now would we.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:03 PM
4th Gear

Let him stay.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
5th Gear

You can see who's posting the thread before you click it.. just skip it if it bothers you that much.

I check out his threads to see what kind of rediculousness he's posted now. Honestly, dead babies probably wouldn't bother me. Maybe if I was in a position to do something I'd care more, but my focus in life is taking care of myself. Call me selfish.

Anyway, garbage river... big deal, I've swam in the Hudson. A friggen tampon floated past me.

GAME OVER.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
You can see who's posting the thread before you click it.. just skip it if it bothers you that much.

I check out his threads to see what kind of rediculousness he's posted now. Honestly, dead babies probably wouldn't bother me. Maybe if I was in a position to do something I'd care more, but my focus in life is taking care of myself. Call me selfish.

Anyway, garbage river... big deal, I've swam in the Hudson. A friggen tampon floated past me.

GAME OVER.
I'm assuming you never swam in Mexico... You'll find more than tampons there...

Old 09-28-2009, 11:32 PM
4th Gear

I'm assuming you never swam in Mexico... You'll find more than tampons there...
Should have seen Naples.. armpit of the Mediterranean. Being Navy, and living in Germany for 10 years growing up, I've seen lots of crappy harbors and rivers. Americans just dont realize just how good it really is to live here.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:09 AM
3rd Gear

^^^ I heard about it, sometimes the really wait for saturday to take showers too!!

Old 09-29-2009, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

People who use turn off ramps as passing lanes, who throw litter out the window, who travel with their fog lights on when it isnt foggy, who play their music loud enough for people outside their car to hear, who park in handicap spaces without a tag, or get tags when they walk perfectly normal, who buy more frozen food and cookies than fresh food and fruit with their food stamps, who drive nicer cars than I do, and don't hold a decent job if any, and let their families or kids from multiple moms go without decent shoes, food and clothing in lieu of a pay day loan Escalade........ people who want to condem me for wanting to eat dead animal, people who blindly believe everything they hear on the networks instead of checking the facts from multiple sources, people who vote with their emotions instead of their brain, people who would rather watch reality TV or dancing with the stars than keeping up with silly things, like I don't know.. the name of the Vice President or the Speaker of the House of the United States of America.

Don't get me started on these soap box jumping twits who randomly pick a few pictures and post it on a car forum in an effort to make themselves feel like they are part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Quick Reply: My God!!!!!?? Swim here!!!!!