Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day

Is your gf an only child, or the oldest?
Sometimes when a "child" no longer lives at home the parent/parents don't know what to do with themselves anymore.
After so many years of raising, teaching, and supporting; then suddenly not being needed can be difficult to deal with.
Now the parent/parents kinda have to find themselves again. Rediscovering what's fun to them. Know what I mean?

I do agree that four times a day is excessive, but at the same time try to work around the situation so it's not so troublesome to your relationship.
I'm not sure how far away your gf's mother lives. But maybe making arrangements to visit once a week, or every other week.
This would also give them plenty of time to chat, with you around as well.
Good luck!

Old 11-07-2007, 12:30 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ouTTie914

Sometimes when a "child" no longer lives at home the parent/parents don't know what to do with themselves anymore.
After so many years of raising, teaching, and supporting; then suddenly not being needed can be difficult to deal with.
Now the parent/parents kinda have to find themselves again. Rediscovering what's fun to them. Know what I mean?

I do agree that four times a day is excessive, but at the same time try to work around the situation so it's not so troublesome to your relationship.
I'm not sure how far away your gf's mother lives. But maybe making arrangements to visit once a week, or every other week.
Good luck!

Okay Dr. Phil

Old 11-07-2007, 03:48 AM
1st Gear

she want's to make sure yall aren't doing it

Old 11-07-2007, 08:28 AM
4th Gear

this woman needs some lovin' bad, or at least some attention. Get her in introduced to some chat rooms, singles groups in town, Audi forums, or internet ****. Their all full of horny people who go there for entertainment of one form or another.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

^^^lol.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: esandes

ORIGINAL: railrunner

for the next two weeks, have a buddy call you every three hours every day and make sure you talk for at least 5-10 minutes each time. Let her wear the shoes for a little bit and watch what happens.
you know why make things worse

u know i think its ok if the mom was calling her daughter 4 times a day befor she met you casue that their thing and im sure theres no way your going to change that casue
you cant be all power hungry in a relationship tryin to have things ur way, she has a strong relationship with her mom im assuming so u gotta respect that
and wat your doing now is just gonna casue more trouble, ur gonna have a horrible relationship wit the mom and she gonna hate ur *** and she might influence your gurl

its different if she just started to make the calls now

like most of the people saiddeal wit it or end it

Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ouTTie914

Good luck!
she's the second of two daughters.

her mom can go find herself without using her daughters as an emotional crutch. she needs to seriously get a life. it's very disruptive behavior.

my gf told her mom to not call so often so what happens...that night no phone calls from her but then the next night (last night), she calls to talk about the hair cut she got and what not.

i like the idea mentioned before of having a friend call me 4 times a night.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

post your phone number here and THEN see what happens!!!