Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day

ONLY PLACE A GIRL SHOULD BE IS ON THE KITCHENFORUM, GOD DAMNITTT!!!!

Jk Kelly

Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ORIGINAL: Amze
Jk Kelly
ummmmm....you'ld BETTER BE!!!
i CAN and WILL kick your *** into next year if necessary.
THEN, i'll use your sorry *** head to mop my floors!!!
[sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 11-06-2007, 01:45 PM
3rd Gear

You could always kill her mom. I would put money down that the calls would stop pretty quickly.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

ORIGINAL: new2me
Oh boy, You just opened yourself a can of worms there!
lol....like the mega 50lb. can that you get from Cosco/Sam's!!

you're right to feel that way....but the important thing to remember is this: the ONLY one who can say bad things about her mother is HER. it totally backfires if you tell your gf your exact thoughts about her mom.
it really has to be her idea to tell her mom not to call so often. maybe ask that she not answer the phone every time it rings. i'm sure she feels it's her duty as a daughter to be there for her lonley mom, but she really needs to get a life of her own.

i'm not sure which one of these is the biggest breakup of relationships...but these are the top 3 for sure.
1. money
2. sex
3. IN-LAWS

if you talk with your gf and she sees that it's affecting the relationship...she should be willing to do what is necessary to fix the problem....cuz if you don't fix it, it gets bigger, and BIGGER and BIGGER.
i told her i can't go on with her mom sticking her nose in our picture all of the time. i told my gf that i want to marry her and not her mom. you're right though, i wish she told her mom in a more political way. it seems insensitive for my gf to just blurt out to her mom, point blank, that i think she calls too much.she should have been more political about it so that it wouldn't make me look like the azz.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Trey25

Get your girl's mom a cat or dog. That'll shut her up...for a minute.

If your girlfriend doesn't understand where you're coming from or seems defensive about the whole thing then maybe you should reevaulate the relationship.
seriously. her mom should get a fvcking hobby. she needs to go out and play bingo or something. she's constantly looking for attention. it shouldn't be at the expense of me and my gf. i told my gf she needs to take up knitting or something. my parents call maybe once every two months. that's normal. i'm 31 after all and she's 26. we're not 5 anymore.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 PM
4th Gear

You could always kill her mom. I would put money down that the calls would stop pretty quickly.
hahahaha

Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

i wouldnt give up a relationship because her mother is calling... the relationship is about you and her... her mother is just getting in the way and if you really like her stay with her...

as for the mother... its how moms are... my brother died not too long ago and was engauged... my mom now calls his fiance, well ex-fiance i guess you should say, practically the same... it annoys me but its something i have learned to ignore...

do you know if the mom has lost something recently?
no. she hasn't lost anything. my gf told me she likes to call more when she's having a bad day or when she's upset. it's no wonder my gf seems deflated after the calls.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: vnv727

Sometimes children are forced to take care of their parents. This is not how it should, but sometimes it is. I had to stay home after hs for 2 years to keep my dad from killing himself. We all have **** to deal with, and there is a good chance your gf wouldn't tell you about a past like that. You have no way of knowing how much her mom might really need her. So mention it to her, ask if maybe she could not take her moms calls when your hanging out because it should be your special time. However once a day is fine, in my mind, anyway. So try to talk about it with her, but don't do it in an accusatory way or say "its not normal" etc.

Best of luck.
i guess that's what shrinks are for. i'd feel ashamed to use my kids as a crutch.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 PM
5th Gear

man S4sweetee is fiesty lol. ur gf needs to understand that her mom should only be calling once a day at most. maybe u should talk ur gf about hooking her mom up? or get her a ***** sent by an anonymous person

Old 11-06-2007, 03:04 PM
4th Gear

^^^^^^^^^ lmfao!!!!!!! aaaaahhahahahahahahahahahahhaha aaaaaaahahahhahahahahah

Quick Reply: my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day