Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned
Default my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day

every day. she calls to just chit chat with her daughter. it's p!ssing me off royally. i'm sick of her calls. it is invading our privacy. what would you do?

i confronted my gf about it and said it is not normal for a mother to call her 26 year old daughter 4 times a day ever day. she thinks i'm the azzhole.

now she told her mom i don't want her to call so often and it's going to be awkward now between me and her obsessive mom.

my gf's mom is divorced and alone in a small apartment and i told my gf that she should get a hobby or two instead of calling us so often.

[:@]

Old 11-05-2007, 03:14 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day

Oh boy, You just opened yourself a can of worms there!

I have some female friends that have a similar relationship with their mother. It will die down a little bit when she find a new man but will never just go away. You will just have to explain to the mother when it comes up, that you are just not used to that kind of relationship, and apologize.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
4th Gear

for the next two weeks, have a buddy call you every three hours every day and make sure you talk for at least 5-10 minutes each time. Let her wear the shoes for a little bit and watch what happens.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:31 PM
4th Gear

Railrunners idea is funny.. Something like that might work.

But this is a complicated issue, but I think her mother should be mature enough to understand where youre coming from and back off.[&:]

Old 11-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: railrunner

for the next two weeks, have a buddy call you every three hours every day and make sure you talk for at least 5-10 minutes each time. Let her wear the shoes for a little bit and watch what happens.
WISE words from a wise man.

lol

but if you plan on staying w/ this girl, youre gonna have to either deal with it or bounce.
youve allready brought it up & she thinks ur an azz..
if she doesnt see that its affecting your relationship - shes not ready.

sux..

hopefully she sees the error of her ways.
good luck.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
4th Gear

Ugh, tough decisions for the loss[:'(]

Old 11-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Administrator

i3uddha = Love doctor (the new Hitch).

Old 11-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: kriptonik

i3uddha = Love doctor (the new Hitch).
no Hitch was the new me...

Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: esandes

every day. she calls to just chit chat with her daughter. it's p!ssing me off royally. i'm sick of her calls. it is invading our privacy. what would you do?

i confronted my gf about it and said it is not normal for a mother to call her 26 year old daughter 4 times a day ever day. she thinks i'm the azzhole.

now she told her mom i don't want her to call so often and it's going to be awkward now between me and her obsessive mom.

my gf's mom is divorced and alone in a small apartment and i told my gf that she should get a hobby or two instead of calling us so often.

[:@]
thats why shes calling...she has no one to talk to so she probably feeld insecure....she needs some one to talk to and someone close....what you did was not a good idea...so what i would do is apologise and move on and tell the mother to calls a lil less.....

Old 11-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ORIGINAL: new2me
Oh boy, You just opened yourself a can of worms there!
lol....like the mega 50lb. can that you get from Cosco/Sam's!!

you're right to feel that way....but the important thing to remember is this: the ONLY one who can say bad things about her mother is HER. it totally backfires if you tell your gf your exact thoughts about her mom.
it really has to be her idea to tell her mom not to call so often. maybe ask that she not answer the phone every time it rings. i'm sure she feels it's her duty as a daughter to be there for her lonley mom, but she really needs to get a life of her own.

i'm not sure which one of these is the biggest breakup of relationships...but these are the top 3 for sure.
1. money
2. sex
3. IN-LAWS

if you talk with your gf and she sees that it's affecting the relationship...she should be willing to do what is necessary to fix the problem....cuz if you don't fix it, it gets bigger, and BIGGER and BIGGER.

Quick Reply: my girlfriends mom calls us like 4 times a day