Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My first mods....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Default RE: My first mods....

and yes I do have one

Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Glad you guys liked it.

The camera mount comes from - http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suct...uum_mounts.htm

It says on the site that they are the ones used by the show TopGear. Who knows, but they hold very well. I haven't tested it much above 65mph yet. I like my new camera too much. I didn't read anything about a speed rating in the materials on it. There was something about attaching a tether to be sure you don't lose your camera.

I don't have anything to protect the lense. I probably should.

Absolutly tether it, like with some good string, to the insid doorhandle or somtihing. Also, my friend has another version of that one, and we've done 130 and it was still solid.

A tip for making the vids better is to place the camera closer to the road (yes like half a foot.) I know that sound crazy but makes it look like your doing 500mph, also do shots from the back bumper shooting behind you. (again very low) Also, I noticed that it seems to move around alittle bit, If theres anyway of stoping that it will add to the sensation of being part of the car. Otherwise nice shots.

Oh and obviously, driving crazyer will make it better, just dont film yourself crashing your car
Thanks for the tips. I'm a little torn on the tether. I don't want to lose the camera, but I also don't want it banging into my car if it gets loose. This is the one time I shoulda bought that scam replacement coverage that they offer when you buy electronics. I never do, but if I had been thinking at the time I would have. oh, well.

That's good to hear about the mount working at such high speeds. I think the road we are going to make the vid on is more of a curvy challenge than a triple digit speed run, but there will be others later on. Shooting off the rear bumper could be tough at the mount needs a fair sized flat surface to get suction. The 911 is pretty sculpted back there. Not much flat other than the rear window.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:44 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

I was considering doing photo shots with my mercedes gull wing but was advised to leave it in the compound due to value
You should put up some picts. I love those cars.