Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My first mods....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:23 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: My first mods....

BUMP!

So no great suggestions on "How to make a better video" from you peeps? Anyone else made driving vids before?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oN-_6W18Ry4

Old 09-27-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

Love the video great job bro!!! I gave you 5 stars

Old 09-27-2006, 05:05 PM
3rd Gear

less music more engine/exhaust

Old 09-27-2006, 05:17 PM
4th Gear

Thanks Iceman.

ORIGINAL: VB05

less music more engine/exhaust
Yeah, I'm learning how to edit the audio. You can layer multiple tracks and have them at different levels. I wasn't messing with that last night for this test run of the process. I will put more engine noise in next one. My bud has a new Tubi exhaust on his 993. It is loud. It should make for some great sound. My car isn't all that loud with stock exhaust, but the engine sound is stilll pretty cool with the camera mounted on the rear window right above the engine.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

Awesome video man, nice roads too, I'd love make a video like that, but unfortunately I live in NJ, where we have potholes galore

Did you have to attach a special lens to protect the cam from rocks/bugs? Where did you get that camera mount?

Old 09-27-2006, 06:28 PM
5th Gear

very nice vid man. and +1 to adding more engine sounds. those camera mounts are awesome. i wish i could get some. how fast can you drive before they go flying off?

Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
4th Gear

Glad you guys liked it.

The camera mount comes from - http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suct...uum_mounts.htm

It says on the site that they are the ones used by the show TopGear. Who knows, but they hold very well. I haven't tested it much above 65mph yet. I like my new camera too much. I didn't read anything about a speed rating in the materials on it. There was something about attaching a tether to be sure you don't lose your camera.

I don't have anything to protect the lense. I probably should.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:52 PM

nice car

Old 09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Glad you guys liked it.

The camera mount comes from - http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suct...uum_mounts.htm

It says on the site that they are the ones used by the show TopGear. Who knows, but they hold very well. I haven't tested it much above 65mph yet. I like my new camera too much. I didn't read anything about a speed rating in the materials on it. There was something about attaching a tether to be sure you don't lose your camera.

I don't have anything to protect the lense. I probably should.

Absolutly tether it, like with some good string, to the insid doorhandle or somtihing. Also, my friend has another version of that one, and we've done 130 and it was still solid.

A tip for making the vids better is to place the camera closer to the road (yes like half a foot.) I know that sound crazy but makes it look like your doing 500mph, also do shots from the back bumper shooting behind you. (again very low) Also, I noticed that it seems to move around alittle bit, If theres anyway of stoping that it will add to the sensation of being part of the car. Otherwise nice shots.

Oh and obviously, driving crazyer will make it better, just dont film yourself crashing your car

Old 09-27-2006, 07:03 PM

I was considering doing photo shots with my mercedes gull wing but was advised to leave it in the compound due to value

Quick Reply: My first mods....