Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My first mods....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:32 AM
4th Gear
Default My first mods....

Yeah, I still don't have an Audi yet, but I'm working on that. Today I picked the 911 back up after getting new front pads and rotors, brake fluid change, replaced 2 rear engine mounts that had collapsed(car is much smoother now), sunroof fixed, hood pistons replaced, and last but definately not least, some Bilstein coilovers and Eibach springs. Car drives better than ever now.

Next mods will probably be headers, B&B exhaust, 964 cams, up boost to 1bar, and EFI conversion. That should bump me up to around 550horses, with the boost coming on before 3000rpms.

Pre-drop picts and then the post drop ones.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:35 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: My first mods....

Post drop

Old 09-26-2006, 02:02 AM
18T
4th Gear

god damn thats one beautifull car.. [sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]

Old 09-26-2006, 02:20 AM
4th Gear

Thanks bro. Me and a buddy that has a red 993 turbo are planning a road trip to make some vids with our cars. We are heading here - The Dragon's Tail

I'll post some picts of the camera mount I got tomorrow while doing some tests. It works great.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:46 AM
4th Gear

man it looks so much better with it droped like that, I can't belive it sat as high in the first place

Old 09-26-2006, 10:43 PM
4th Gear

I'm really liking the drop. The car feels so sure footed. And replacing the engine mounts has made a real difference.

Here's the camera and mount on the roof. This is a cool angle to shoot from. You can put the mount on any flat surface, so I've got some test footage with it mounted on the door shooting the front wheel and road ahead and on the back window shooting backwards. I may post some of the test footage, if I can figure out the whole process now, but an interesting road makes for a much better vid.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Site Moderator

That looks like a lot of fun.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:23 AM
4th Gear

Ok, I put together a compilation of some test video that I did on the camera mount before I go to the Dragon's Tail. All comments on possible camera placement(and anything else) are welcome. I didn't have any from the rear window footage for this vid, but I have been shooting it. It sounds great with the camera right over the engine. The audio on this vid is a little screwed up because I am still learning to use the editing program.

This vid has three camera placements - inside the car, on the door, on the roof.

We'll call this "A Ride in the Country". http://youtube.com/watch?v=oN-_6W18Ry4

Old 09-27-2006, 03:33 AM
SoCal Crew Member

i love porsches, might get a 944, audi and porsche should work on car projects again

Old 09-27-2006, 03:37 AM
4th Gear

Well, there's always the Cayenne. It's on a VW chassis.

I heard from a North America Porsche rep that Porsche will go it alone on the 4-door Panamera sedan for 08-09. It had been rumored that it might go on the A8 chassis or even the 2nd generation Phaeton, but it looks like neither is true and Porsche may go with a lightweight steel frame instead of aluminum.

Quick Reply: My first mods....