Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My first Black Friday shopping experiance

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:05 PM
3rd Gear
Default My first Black Friday shopping experiance

So yesterday was my first time going Black Friday shopping. Got up at 3:30 A.M. and picked up my friend and her cousin. Normally I may have not bothered going shopping that early but when your invited by sexy blond what guy says no? lol The day was going really good we arrived at the mall at about 4:30 got a decent parking spot for as crowded as it was and we had pretzels haha. After about 2-3 stores of looking at nothing but baby clothes me and my friend (Samantha) were tired of looking at baby clothes and started to wait outside then went to some stores on our own and just let her cousin show up when she was done. So at that point I'm getting taken to like every girly store there lol but w/e I didn't really care. Went to Bath and Body Works, Victoria's Secret where she spent the gift card I gave her for her B-Day, and then Macy's. She got a few things at each and a coat at Macy's. Well it was 11 by then and we were all starving so we were gonna go get food somewhere just not in the mall we didn't want to be there anymore. Leaving the mall my friend Jorge txt's me and asks if I'll take him home (told me earlier he was there too) well we weren't going home right away but I told him he was welcome to tag along w/ us if he wanted to cuz he was with his parents lol. We waited in the car about 5 min for a reply and I decided that was long enough too bad for him haha. Then Kara (the cousin) decides she wants to make another stop at Toys R Us. Great ... I'm STARVING haha but w/e I'm a nice guy I don't say anything so I head that direction which from the parking spot we could easily see the store but the trip over took about 7min because of traffic. We were almost there just one more road to cross but I'm sitting there trying to be a good driver giving people the right of way when suddenly a car pulls up to the left of me and turns right in front of me.... wtf... Im trying to go straight and you turned in front of me what the hell are you thinking. Anyways there is a family trying to cross the street as well and a nice guy in a Golf lets them cross and I take that opportunity to cross the street as well. Get up in front of the doors should of let Kara out right there and just waited in the car for her but I decided to try and look for another parking spot. Skipped the first 2 lanes because thats where everyone was trying to park. I go down the 3rd one till I pass the divider for the half way of the lot since its a shared lot. I decide to double back in the 2nd lane and see if I find a spot. I cut between 2 spots where there is nobody parked instead of going all the way down. Who cares people do this ALL the time. Well I thought I saw a van coming from my right so I looked left then concentrated on the right as soon as I could see there was no van BANG.... ya.... I hit somebody... I look at the lady in the car and get the middle finger and this face full of "IM GONNA KILL YOU". There were 3 of us in the car NONE of us saw her coming. I was only going about 5mph since 1 its a parking lot 2 I was trying to make sure it was safe to cross. Anyways it damaged the passenger fender and door pretty badly. I am confident the lady was doing at least 15-20 mph. The speed limit for the roads connecting lot to lot is posted at 15 and this was a parking lane not a road. The lady gets out of the car when I do and comes over and says "This is a parking lot you shouldn't be racing around" Why is it that I always get people saying that? I was dressed nicely in a new zip up sweat shirt and khaki's I wasn't actually going fast at all but people always say **** like that to me. So I get to examining the damage at this point. My headlight was sticking out a little and the bumper cover is screwed. Her door is sticking out at the top by the roof and pushed in a little at the bottom and her wind shield is cracked. Well her husband shows up which I was rather worried about at first but he didn't scream and yell at least. So I call my dad and tell him what happened because I dont know what to do at this point. He says well ask them if they will let us settle this outside of insurance. So I asked and they didn't even hesitate. I found that a little odd right away. Were talking a bit and he's like I'll sell you the car for $3000. This is a 97 Pontiac Grand Am in already rough condition stick and 4 cylinder w/ a knocking rod in the engine. Value probably 1k tops before the accident. I talk to my dad and I even offered them trade of a 1990 Mazda MX-6 in perfect condition and only 105,000 miles which we have listed for sale for $2500 right now. My dad offered $2500 in the hopes of fixing it cheap and selling it again. The guy then tells me the rod is knocking... we talk a bit more and eventually my dad and I decide hell lets get the cops involved. I let them know this he then says he will call the lot security. Well they wont send anyone over obviously since there already too busy. I ask to get a Police officer over but I honest have never had to call the police so he said he would do it came back and said they wouldn't send an officer over. I'm thinking there was an accident they will come out if you really want them to. I'm starting to think this is all a bit fishy now. Up to this point I have still been accepting full blame for it. After a little bit of thinking though realizing that I should have seen her the first time I looked over if she was doing the correct speed I decide it should maybe be split fault which they will do here in Indiana. He comes up to me and asks me to sign a paper saying I accept full responsibility for it. My response was simple I will not sign anything unless an officer comes out and says its my fault. At this point its been almost 2 hours of bull **** and we decide its enough and we have each others info so he says he will let his insurance company know. So I snap a couple of my own pictures and wait for him to leave before I do (didn't want him trying to say I fled the seen of the accident). Finally get to go eat but I can't... felt like **** for the rest of the day and went through all this and didn't get myself one thing. Next time I wont be going on Black Friday shopping... if I do it will be at our local Wal-Mart and if I need clothes Kohls.

Here's the pictures

Old 11-29-2008, 01:45 PM

1st: NEVER accept blame for ANYTHING. EVER.

2nd: you can still settle outside of the insurance even if you call the cops and get a report. ALWAYS call the cops. that way your *** is covered if they try to stiff you, or if they have no insurance, etc.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:49 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by originalspanksta
1st: NEVER accept blame for ANYTHING. EVER.

2nd: you can still settle outside of the insurance even if you call the cops and get a report. ALWAYS call the cops. that way your *** is covered if they try to stiff you, or if they have no insurance, etc.
Well im the one that could try and stiff them at this point... im just gonna let them do w/e and take care of it... if they don't do anything thats there problem lol.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:09 PM

So were you pulling out of a parking spot or was she???

Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 PM
3rd Gear

I was turning between parking spots going to the other lane she was going straight down the lane

Old 11-29-2008, 02:47 PM
5th Gear

Yeah it'd be your fault, but you wouldn't get charged on private property. She sounds like a real winner, though.
Piece of crap Grand Am, and they try and sell it to you for 3k... haha, that's priceless.

My brother just got into a fender bender, and the old lady wants 650 bucks to repair her 1990 Pontiac Tempest. It's my bros fault, so he's going to pay it just to keep things off the books... but it's frustrating to pay 650 to fix a car that's barely worth that.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
4th Gear

dude you do not want to go to walmart.. the one over here by me.. some guy got trampled when he opened the door. and a woman had a miscarriage from some jerk slamming her with a wagon

Old 11-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Guru

^ My pap told me about that. That's just ******* insane. It's just stupid ****, you can always buy more and places like Wal-Mart are STOCKED TO THE MOTHERFUCKIN' GILLS. Is it really worth killing people to get a good deal on a ******* blender?

Old 11-29-2008, 11:57 PM

I read about the Wal-Mart incident. I hope that every sorry **** involved gets charged with murder. Large groups of humans have got to be one of the ugliest things on the planet.
And people ask me why I don't want to go back to New York....

Old 11-29-2008, 11:59 PM
4th Gear

and this is why i want to leave NY

Quick Reply: My first Black Friday shopping experiance