Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My fanstasy football team....what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
1st Gear
Arrow My fanstasy football team....what do you guys think?

This is my team:

There are 10 teams in our league. My team is "Who Dat". Here are the starting rosters:

Can I look forward to having a good fantasy season?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:14 PM
1st Gear

Hey, I know I don't post here much, but I'll share.

I'd project Manufacturin Master to win your league. Too many power players there.
EDIT: I take that back, tropical mango could be a contender also.

If I were you, I'd drop Stallworth and Berrian and pick up some better choices. Anyone who's available really, given that Stallworth isn't a starter and Cleveland may not have an offensive year like last year. Berrian could be good, but Minnesota's pass offense probably won't be good. Here's a suggestion, if you can handle a risk. Take Limas Sweed. He may be a #3 for Pittsburgh, but the offense is headed to a more West Coast style and he's a good deep threat across from Holmes. Another risk is DeShaun Jackson of the Eagles. McNabb is healthy for the first time in about a century and this could be a big year in the "anyone could contend" NFC East.

I'd drop Brown, but I've never seen the point for 2 kickers.
Tennessee's defense won't be as good as the fantasy rankings say they will. I'd drop them for maybe a Carolina, who looked great in the preseason with Peppers playing great. And Pittsburgh can be hot and cold, but they may produce enough to keep you afloat.

I really can't tell you much more without knowing who is available in your league, but I hope that helps.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear

start favre for the 1-2 punch?

Old 09-06-2008, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kasey923
Hey, I know I don't post here much, but I'll share.

I'd project Manufacturin Master to win your league. Too many power players there.
EDIT: I take that back, tropical mango could be a contender also.

If I were you, I'd drop Stallworth and Berrian and pick up some better choices. Anyone who's available really, given that Stallworth isn't a starter and Cleveland may not have an offensive year like last year. Berrian could be good, but Minnesota's pass offense probably won't be good. Here's a suggestion, if you can handle a risk. Take Limas Sweed. He may be a #3 for Pittsburgh, but the offense is headed to a more West Coast style and he's a good deep threat across from Holmes. Another risk is DeShaun Jackson of the Eagles. McNabb is healthy for the first time in about a century and this could be a big year in the "anyone could contend" NFC East.

I'd drop Brown, but I've never seen the point for 2 kickers.
Tennessee's defense won't be as good as the fantasy rankings say they will. I'd drop them for maybe a Carolina, who looked great in the preseason with Peppers playing great. And Pittsburgh can be hot and cold, but they may produce enough to keep you afloat.

I really can't tell you much more without knowing who is available in your league, but I hope that helps.

Good points. Especially DeSean Jackson. Thanks!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

I think fantasy football is for people who to cool to play Dungeon's and Dragon's in high school.Same thing.