Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

MY CAR GOT TOTALED

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:02 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: MY CAR GOT TOTALED

your telling me, im the one who had to rip open the car. and my brothers dissapointed because this was the car i was gonna give him when he started driving.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:04 AM
5th Gear

dude any good body shop can fix that no prob, that is no where near totalled Id say 3-4k and its good as new if you work it right

Old 09-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: ChiTowNS401

It cant be... He's black [8D]
FTR, Polar Bear skin IS Black (look it up if you don't believe me). Their fur is actually completely clear, and so dense that it look White... 'Sides, it's 1Sep... Time to change my AV! New 1 EVERY month!

Old 09-01-2006, 08:12 PM
2nd Gear

You won't be able to hang a replacement door without the hinge pillar being repaired first. It will require a pull on a frame rack. May even have to pull the instrument panel.
Hinge pillar hits are a bit tricky to repair. Needs a real expert body tech to get the dimensions correct, otherwise you'll be living with wind noise 4 ever.
Got a suggestin....
From you prior posts, I get the understanding that you do not have collision insurance on it, and it sounds like you'll be able to get 50% at most from the other guys insurance. Since you don't have collision, I'm assuming you have clear title to the vehicle.
---- Why not just take out a loan on the car for the cost of the repairs?

Old 09-01-2006, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

ORIGINAL: ChiTowNS401

It cant be... He's black [8D]
FTR, Polar Bear skin IS Black (look it up if you don't believe me). Their fur is actually completely clear, and so dense that it look White... 'Sides, it's 1Sep... Time to change my AV! New 1 EVERY month!
Yea kinda like black people are actually white, they're just dirty... *runs like hell*

Old 09-04-2006, 03:38 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: karguy427

You won't be able to hang a replacement door without the hinge pillar being repaired first. It will require a pull on a frame rack. May even have to pull the instrument panel.
Hinge pillar hits are a bit tricky to repair. Needs a real expert body tech to get the dimensions correct, otherwise you'll be living with wind noise 4 ever.
Got a suggestin....
From you prior posts, I get the understanding that you do not have collision insurance on it, and it sounds like you'll be able to get 50% at most from the other guys insurance. Since you don't have collision, I'm assuming you have clear title to the vehicle.
Thats what im beginning to think i should do. that or just take a loan and buy another car. my car did have a clean title, so if i get it repaired is it still clear?

Old 09-04-2006, 04:27 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SAudi

ORIGINAL: karguy427

Got a suggestin....
Thats what im beginning to think i should do. that or just take a loan and buy another car. my car did have a clean title, so if i get it repaired is it still clear?
Yep - If you're insurance company isn't involved, you can do what you want with the car. If you get a loan for the cost of the repairs, the lender would probably hold the title, just as in any car loan.
---If you decide to get it repaired, get it to a GOOD shop. Don't take it some 1 or 2 person shop that has to have $$ up front just to be able to buy the parts. If you don't know the shop, check it out. Is it CLEAN and ORGANIZED (or is there stuff laying around everywhere). Does it look PROFESSIONAL (or like someone's messy garage, only bigger). What kind of cars are they working on ). Best thing is to have a good reference from someone who had a REALLY BIG JOB done, and was very satisfied.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:18 AM
4th Gear

My dad and i get our european cars servicced at a place called simierra imports but usually we can drive the car there, so im probably gonna have to find a tow.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:21 AM
4th Gear

actually ive been looking into a very clean audi 90 cs quattro sport. its no B5 but its low milage, great condition and if i really want can drop in a UrS4 engine. plus the price it only 2k(yes ive checked out the car it is good). so if repairs are too much hello new B4 model.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:39 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SAudi

My dad and i get our european cars servicced at a place called simierra imports but usually we can drive the car there, so im probably gonna have to find a tow.
Sounds like a mechanical repair place. You need a good BODY SHOP. Don't waste your time taking it to a mechanical shop.

Quick Reply: MY CAR GOT TOTALED