Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is my car fast enough to do a open track day?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 03:04 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Is my car fast enough to do a open track day?

See success already, I knew we could find a funny bone in your spineless cadaver.

Old 09-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Senior Administrator

I say again...

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Toff, R U an Grouse gettin married NEtime soon? Your relationship seems to be somewaht close to what I had with my wife, for a while, NEway...
Now, if ONLY you two would sleep together, yet NOT touch each other... And periodically go weeks without speaking... You'd have a PERFECT marriage. Oh, and one of you will hafta spend the others money, foolishly & thoughtlessly, as if there were a never-ending supply

Old 09-28-2005, 04:59 PM
3rd Gear

I can spend money... No problem there.. However, all of the other conjugal rights I ain't doing.. Not really my thing! Maybe you could do all those for me AWD?? Sounds like its right up your alley!!

Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
2nd Gear

Um yeah... the lets just let Awd fufill those rights all by his lonesome....

Preferably with out the details posted here.

I need to ask you Toff. why spend our money, let's spend AWD's that way it's more the merrier for us.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

Ok one it wouldnt be the first mistake b/c the first part of a racing line is to get on the throttle at the apex of the corner. Unless u were talking about racing with nitrous at all with i would think is a bad idea also. And remember my car is AWD so full throttle wont spin this car liek it would have in my RWD mustang GT. I dont think i have enought power to do much of any spinning of skidding unless i did something really bad.
It's the first mistake because you seem to think that power wins races. That's not it at all.

Power is good, proper braking is good, finding the right line is good, but when it all comes down to it, all of that just works towards the one thing that really wins races. You have to learn to minimize the time spent in the corners.

Very few roadraces are really won in the straights with just power. If that was the case we could all just go drag racing and save oodles of money.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

Ok one it wouldnt be the first mistake b/c the first part of a racing line is to get on the throttle at the apex of the corner. Unless u were talking about racing with nitrous at all with i would think is a bad idea also. And remember my car is AWD so full throttle wont spin this car liek it would have in my RWD mustang GT. I dont think i have enought power to do much of any spinning of skidding unless i did something really bad.
It's the first mistake because you seem to think that power wins races. That's not it at all.

Power is good, proper braking is good, finding the right line is good, but when it all comes down to it, all of that just works towards the one thing that really wins races. You have to learn to minimize the time spent in the corners.

Very few roadraces are really won in the straights with just power. If that was the case we could all just go drag racing and save oodles of money.
UMM where did i say that? i know that power doesnt win races. i also know hpw to drive and how to get used to the track. i know how to race just not how to race in a car. And i know how not to drive on a track.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:04 PM
3rd Gear

I say again...

Toff, R U an Grouse gettin married NEtime soon? Your relationship seems to be somewaht close to what I had with my wife, for a while, NEway...
Now, if ONLY you two would sleep together, yet NOT touch each other... And periodically go weeks without speaking... You'd have a PERFECT marriage. Oh, and one of you will hafta spend the others money, foolishly & thoughtlessly, as if there were a never-ending supply
Bravo AWD...I have never seen a more accurate depiction of a true marriage.

How many have you had?

Old 09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear

UMM where did i say that? i know that power doesnt win races. i also know hpw to drive and how to get used to the track. i know how to race just not how to race in a car. And i know how not to drive on a track.
Well you come off as though you don't know a single thing about it, so stop flapping your gums, get out there and race. I'm trying to be helpful here, and you do nothing but get offended.

And the simple fact that you have to ask if you car is fast enough to do a track day shows quite palinly that you don't know half of what you think you do about racing. So try not to kill anyone with your racing incometence IF you ever manage to make it to a track day.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:18 AM

I already said i dont know anything about racing CARS i know how to race go-karts but as u may or may not know u run them in classes such as HPV100 or 125 shifters. Hence they have pretty close to the same.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:27 AM
4th Gear

lay off the guy already...