Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Bad Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:10 AM
2nd Gear
Default My Bad Day

So today was started off bad it was raining outside and never got above 50 degrees. I woke up at 9:00am and went to the gym (that was the only good thing). As I'm driving home I see the ambulance pull up my street and turn to head down to my brothers house. So I follow it down the road and jump out of my car almost forgot to set my e-brake. I run into the house and my brother is lying on the floor with blood pouring from his head. Talking to his roomate Sean his 90 lb. pitbull/boxer attacked my brother while he was wrestling with it. He said the dog grabbed his head and would not let go. So I follow the ambulance down to the hospital and they rush him into ER, and then into plastic surgery. He has 12 holes in his face some of them could not be stiched up because they were worried about infection. I feel so bad for the kid. Talking to Sean, there going to have the dog put down for safety reasons.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Administrator
Default RE: My Bad Day

im sorry to hear that

Old 05-23-2005, 12:38 AM
4th Gear

Same here.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Senior Administrator

My sympathies to your brother, you, and the rest of your family.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:25 AM
4th Gear

that blows horribly man, i definatly feel for you and your bro (and the roomate that had to watch that).
He is very lucky to be alive, i believe it is pitbulls that do not let go until their jaws close is it not?

Old 05-23-2005, 01:36 AM
rs
2nd Gear

also sorry to hear about that man

yea, they have a lockjaw, when they bite down, it locks into place...so like physically trying to pry open the mouth is almost impossible, ud have to scare off the dog to let go or somethin...

Old 05-23-2005, 03:32 AM
5th Gear

damn, i feel for you, skid, hopefully your brother will be back on his feet soon..

spence, it's actually not literally a locked jaw, as most people think. nothing locks into place or anything like that..they just have super strong bites...something like 8 times stronger than most dogs

Old 05-23-2005, 04:34 AM
4th Gear

yeah, that... and it's in their mentality not to let go until their mouth fully closes.... crazy sh*t

Old 05-23-2005, 05:18 AM
5th Gear

yea, it's an instinctual (sp?) thing...i've had pitbulls all my life and i've never been bitten, and i play very rough with all of them...but apparently it's not uncommon for well-trained pitbulls to do **** like this pit did.

skidplate, keep us posted

Old 05-23-2005, 11:01 AM
2nd Gear

From what I got last nite talking to his roomate more my brother was playing with his puppy and the dog lunged at him grabbed him by the face and basically locked on to his face, and the boxer in him took over and shook his head like boxers do. The dog just missed his right eye and left 12 holes in his face. The stupid doctors sent him home with only a few percocet for pain so I made a few phone calls and got him a few more for the night. They said he's going to have to go back for more plastic surgery to get rid of some of the scarring that is going to occur. Hey could have been worse though he looks better from when I saw him lying in his own blood.

Thanks for the support guys much appreciated