Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

multiple threads same topic

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Guru
Default multiple threads same topic

there has been alot of that lately, people making very similar posts on the same topic in different areas

i would imagine that if you make a topic on brakes and you want it in the brake/wheel/tire section you want experts in that area.....that is fine

but if you want the same topic in the a4 section, why cause you don't want a6 guys to chime in?

and i know i haven't been around in a while but what is up with people not searching

Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 AM
Talking many threads similar subject

there has been a great amount of that lately, people making nearly the same posts on the same topic in separate areas

i would imagine that if you create a thread on brakes and you want it in the brake/wheel/tire section you want people with expertise in that subject.....that is acceptable

but if you want the same subject in the a4 section, why because you don't want a6 guys to throw their two cents in?

and i'm aware i haven't been here in a long time but what is up with people not using the search tool

Old 04-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Senior Administrator

Peepl do it so they can have the maximum exposure to getting their problem answered. Its annoying as heck, but, whadda ya gonna do? You can't regulate human nature. We mods & admins are around to try to police-up that kinda trash. If you spot it, report it to the mods & admins group (upper r/h corner of each and every post, the l'il triangle icon, click there) and one of us will get to it as soon as we are able. Bear in mind, we have day-jobs, eat, sleep, play, and pee just like most earthlings (we've been trained to emulate your behaviors) and can't always get to it right away. But, we will get to it, if you tell us about it.

~Jazz

Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Guru

thanks for your response jazz

i didn't realize that worked that way

my main issue is if i am looking for something, i don't want to run into the same topic 10 times by the same people

it seems like 4 or 5 members have done 2-4 threads on the same subject within minutes of each other

that is why i brought it up

Old 04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Pretty much what Jazz said, let us know by using the report button (and we thank you for that).

There are too many topics that members create so it's really hard to patrol every single one. Mostly I tend to look at spam-sounding tittles or if the pages are growing rapidly (at times the OP is getting flamed).

Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Administrator

The "report" button: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

But, I believe multiple posts asking the same question in multiple threads qualifies as "problematic." Just be sure to collect the urls for the multiples, so we don't hafta go chasing around for them because, I guarantee you that if *I* hafta go searching... Chances that I'll chase them ALL down diminish, rapidly, beyond two. Unless *I'm* the one who finds it, in which case I'll go to the ends of the earth to chase down something that annoys me and eradicate it. Something that annoys YOU, meh, the end of the block, as long as the block isn't TOO long.