Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

money money money MONEY

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 12:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: money money money MONEY

I started my own landscaping bus. It allowed me to work when I wanted to and for as much as I wanted to. During the summer I installed sprinkler systems, mowed lawns etc. In the winter I started out with a small snowblower. During the summer months I clear $25 to $30K

If you do anything it should be your own small bus. the governments have alot of programs in place for people to start up.

It paid for all the toys I had. On the day I turned 16, I got my licence, I immediately went out and purchased by first car - Triumph TR7 rag top. Paid cash... you should've seen the look on the sales guy's face .

When I graduated I sold the business for a ton and used the money for bigger and better things.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

Real estate.....

....retire at 30 to Ibiza where you live out the rest of your life vomiting on Maylaysian hookers, secure in the fact that you needn't work ever again.
You, sir, are a genius. I'll go along with all of that except the vomiting part.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
3rd Gear

Real estate. Spend $500 and get your brokers license in 8 weeks. It is always good to have even if you don't work in the business, something you can always fall back on. Then invest privately. As long as you are business savvy, somewhat smart, and know your market, you would be surprised where you can go on little collateral. Rehabbing is probably out because of your time constraints but maybe get into rental properties. I know a couple of people who started with zero and have built up strong portfolios in rental props.

If you need more immediate funds then I guess a straight-up job is your best bet. How about a Porter at a dealership?

Old 11-07-2005, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

Bartending helped put me through school. Classes during the day, bartend at night. Tips were good, the free booze and ***** were even better.

"You want a free drink? Show me your ****." Amazing what girls will do for a free drink.

Here is one of my buddy's favorite bar pass time. Find the drunk birthday girl (there is always one) and buy her a shot of 151. She'll toss it down and quickly boot it back up. Good times.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:54 PM
3rd Gear

When I was in high school, I detailed cars and made a ton of money. If you get two cars a day in, its anywhere from 50 - 250 bucks. You work at your own pace and it's fun to do. I started by detailing my dads friends cars that were playing golf or at a football game, etc. They would leave me the keys to the car and I would have it done by the time they were finished with what they were doing. Get to drive some nice cars too.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:07 PM

How about a Porter at a dealership?
what is this?

Old 11-09-2005, 12:59 AM
2nd Gear

Porters are the guys who drive customers home and pick them up when their cars are being worked on, they also will pick up parts from warehouses, clean floors, more cars from service drives to the shops, wash cars, and many places let the porters do oil/tranny fluid changes or other basic maintenance.

It's not horrible depending on what company you do it for. I did it for a Ferarri/Lambo/Porsche dealer many years ago. Not super money but I got to deliver a few really hot cars to customer's homes or pick up them up at other shops. At 17 having driven 911s and 355s was pretty pimp.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:03 AM
2nd Gear

You must be mistaken, there's no double post here.....

Old 11-09-2005, 01:06 AM

nice double post.. [&:]

that sounds like a sweet job, just the thing i'm lookin' for actually. i don't think there are enough dealerships around here to get a job like that tho.

Old 11-09-2005, 04:08 AM

I started a Web Design/Development company that I now simply manage. I have other's that actually do most of the work, I just act as owner. I started that with my parents help when I was 14. Didn't want to work at McD's and it makes VERY decent money.

Quick Reply: money money money MONEY