Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

mobile car detailing

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 06:07 PM
1st Gear
Default mobile car detailing

so i had an idea about some work for after classes are out this summer. i figured that the local car wash charges like 20 bucks for a basic wash, and like 15 for "the works." they charge like an additional 40 to do the interior. i was thinkin over the summer i could start liek a mobile car detailing business. go to peoples houses and detail teh whole car for like 40 bucks, which is 20 less than the car wash, PLUS i go to their house. what do you guys think? anyone ever done something like this? howd it work out?

Old 11-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Administrator
Default RE: mobile car detailing

I think its a great idea.. what you dont want to do is forget to get a business license.. and go to like Kinko's and get 1000 flyers printed up.. it shouldnt cost too much.. paper the town.. post them everywhere.. and maybe even setup yourself a cheap website.. (they dont cost much) and BAAAMMM you should be in business.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear

You need to be self-contained. There's a company that sets up every day in the parking lot of my building complex - have their own trailers with water tank, generator, compressor, power washer, etc. They cater to the high-end cars. Charge about $35.00 for a 'basic' wash. Probably a crew of about 3. Keep busy all day. Note also, some cities may have ground-water pollution ordinances that may affect what you do. Regulations can kill 'ya.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the feedback. redgoat- where does one normally get one of said business licenses? any more feedback/ideas welcome

Old 11-28-2005, 02:04 AM

i know a guy that worked at pep boys with me and did it with a friend. He made out pretty good and b/c of the cars around here that got some sweet cars, incl, a few ferraris and maserartis (sp?). Like kar guy said try not to rely on the house ofr things like power but u should be alrght for awhile tho. I would love to be able to give someone like 20 bucks to come to my house and give it a nice car wash and vacum teh interior but i can always get a free one at the local audi dealer. Keep the quality upa nd go over the car will the ppl and u should be good. Perhaps set up a deal for a month of car washes (once a week) for ur regualr customers. My dad has a company at work that does his structure evry week and come to the office and get your keys. U could try to do some local businesses. Also we have a mobile pet person that washes and gives my dog a haircut that use our power and they are a big compnay. Get the essentials first, vaccum, the absorber, orbital waxer etc and u will be good.