Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The miracle cure to..acne?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:00 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: The miracle cure to..acne?!

Hey how's your diet? I ask because I notice some pimples after I've eaten a lot of chocolate or stuff with lots of sugar in general.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Senior Administrator

I still think having LOTS & LOTS of SEXXX is a MUCH happier way to cure acne

I'm just sayin'

Old 02-08-2008, 08:53 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

wash your face 3 times a day, get some retin-a micro to spot treat at night and you should have perfectly clear skin within a week. when you run out of retin-a, a simple benzoyl peroxide cream can replace it. i had it kinda bad in highschool, got put on acutane (dont ever do it), it cleared most of everything and now just washing my face twice a day and using 10% benzoyl peroxide cream at night on any outbreaks and i have very little to no acne.

the more your stressed, the more you'll breakout. its connected to your hormones, so up the ganja smokage and going out in the sun also helps. winters almost over (at least over here) so the suns coming out more. go tanning every once in a while.
Whats wrong with the acutane chaos?

Two people suggest I do, and you say no.. reasons?
ORIGINAL: Amze

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

wash your face 3 times a day, get some retin-a micro to spot treat at night and you should have perfectly clear skin within a week. when you run out of retin-a, a simple benzoyl peroxide cream can replace it. i had it kinda bad in highschool, got put on acutane (dont ever do it), it cleared most of everything and now just washing my face twice a day and using 10% benzoyl peroxide cream at night on any outbreaks and i have very little to no acne.

the more your stressed, the more you'll breakout. its connected to your hormones, so up the ganja smokage and going out in the sun also helps. winters almost over (at least over here) so the suns coming out more. go tanning every once in a while.
Whats wrong with the acutane chaos?

Two people suggest I do, and you say no.. reasons?
it really messes with your body and has been linked to several serious side-effects and long term effects. it'll fvck your heart and liver up, you have to get constant bloodwork done to make sure the accutane isn't fvckin u up, cause your lips to be completely cracked and chapped no matter how much chapstick you put on (really not attractive), and there were 142 suicides that were possibly linked with the drug, it's just an all around poor choice. a lot of dermotologists won't even prescribe it. the smoothbeam laser would be a MUCH better choice.

side note- my sister went on it too not long ago, and she has been in and out of the hospital for the past 2 months with a serious sickness, which the doctors think might be because of the accutane

Old 02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Only one of the derms I go to will prescribe it, and I think you have to sell your soul to the devil to get them to do it. It's horrible, horrible stuff, and a lot of insurances will deny coverage of it because it's far too risky.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:24 PM
3rd Gear

^ so acutane.. is that the stuff I heard about that can cause serious birth defects if a woman gets pregnant while on it or gets pregnant even after being off it for a year or 2?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

They say five years, now. And yes, it is.