Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mikes Audi Project for School interview questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Default RE: Mikes Audi Project for School interview questions

1. Do you own an Audi? If so, how long have you owned one.
Yes, 2000 b5 owned for about 7 months

2. What about Audi's cars made you choose them instead of other companies?
Looks, quattro, looks, engine upgrades, quattro, audi racing history, ride and build quality

3. What has your experience been with the quattro system?
It's awesome especially with an upgraded rear sway bar. There is a small tendency to understeer in the snow but a little help from the right foot and it's gone

4. Do you own an A4? If so, B5, B6, B7, or B8?
2000 b5 a4

5. Which B5 engine is better in your opinion?(please support your answer)
I think each engine has it's strong points but over all "better" I'd have to say the 2.8 is more mechanically sound and reliable. The 1.8t can be a good engine if taken care of properly but unless you know the history of the engine or you are the only owner the chances of problems are higher. It is also a great platform to mod and make some good hp numbers for relatively little money.

6. Is your car modified? How so?
Yes, look in sig.

7. Do you think Audi deserves the stereotype of being unreliable?
Not anymore. The early cars had some problems and I think thats due to the fact that what they were doing was relatively new such as turbos and quattro. Recently Audi has built cars that are very very good and as long as you treat the car well it will do the same to you.

8. Describe your experience on the track with your Audi compared to other cars.
Don't have any but I bet it would give some people a shock.

9. BMW or Audi? Why?
I respect BMW and I like some of the cars but overall I like Audi better and I hate how people buy BMW for the name and how they have a certian "immage" to mantain. There are hardly any Audi's that I don't like the looks of and the interrior quality is hard to beat. From the factory they may not all be faster than bmw but that can be easily fixed. Having quattro gives a sense of safety that you don't get with rwd and it's handeling is also hard to beat.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

yes 8 months
the all wheel drive, small 4 door with a turbo and 5spd lol
very fun in snow...i could plow with this thing if i wanted
a4 b5
the AEB 1.8t because of the moddification market for them
no
NO they are just like any other car. if you dont take care of them they will **** out on you
NA
9. BMW or Audi? Why?
i would have to say audi just because the idea i have with a bmw owners is that he thinks he is the best and thats that. where as owning a audi.. its still a high class vehilcle but doesnt have that stereotype of them.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Iown 4. I'veowned, and still do,a '94 S4 for 7 years, an '85 ur Quattro for 5-6 years, a '74 100ls for 2 years, and a '78 Fox GTi for 1 year.

I had a Quantrum syncro many years ago, and loved the fact that the car had superior traction to any other previous car I've driven. The car eventually needed to be replaced, and a used Audi was the next logical step, as the car was a good deal, it was still German, and I could fix them.

I have driven cars with the quattro system in every concievable weather scenario, with great success. I prefer the older cars with the original Quattro system vs. the newer Haldex, or torsen.

I don't but there's one in my faimly (B7)

The 1.8t The 2.8 are non-tunable, and the 2.7tt are too sensitive to tuning, and have too many turbo problems.

Yes. The S4 has a re-programmed ECU, a UK spec 6-speed gear box, ATE rotors, and a 2BAR MAF.
The ur Quattro has a re-programmed ECU, a2 BARW/G spring, a big valve head, and an MCblock

No, if a proper maintenance schedule is followed, most Auidis are bomb-proof

Auto-x, and rally
Audis (especially the older models)tend to under-steer, and then over-steer all with just a bit too much throttle on a dry track. But if you have a quatro, with a bit of practice, can learn to apply some great throttle early in a turn, which isn't possible to do in any other car.

9. BMW or Audi? Why?
New, or old?
New? Neither. I feel the current line of Bimmers overall except some of the M cars, are quite ugly, and the interiors suffer.
But BMW offers a fantastic parts, and older model preservation program including parts, and manuals for many of the older models.
Audi I reccomend to no one that wants to keep the car more than 10 years. Simply becuse Audi refuses to continue customer support on just about any car older than 10 years.
I can't get parts from Audi for 3, of 4 of my cars. Yet, my father can get just aboutany part he wishes from BMW for his 1974 BMW.
I am impresed, although with the quality of the build on the current Audi lineup. My parents B7 A4 is a wonderful car. It's fun to drive, is well styled, very safe, can go just about anywhere, and is worth every penny.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: washyourrhands

Yes, a B5 S4, i have had it for almost 2 years now.

I always liked the company, and was very impressed by the quality of the cars. AWD made a big impact, 4 doors and a trunk, as well as a good reputation for safety.

Nothing but positive. Its just as good in the snow as it is in the mud/dirt or on pavement. Quattro has proven its worth to me many times over. It makes me feel safer and more confident that my car will react the way I want it to on the road.

Not an A4 but an S4, it is a B5.

The best B5 engine in my opinion is the 1.8t. It is a tested and proven motor, relatively easy to work on, and has good fuel econemy. Not to mention the wealth of upgrades for it.

Yes, APR chip, Borla Exhaust, Short Shifter, DTS, Lightweight flywheel, rs4 clutch, springs and shocks, rotors, wheels and tires.

No, most recent audis are very relyable. Oil changes and services are important, as is not beating on the car, its all how you treat it.

Havent been out yet, but I will this summer. I have done plenty of spirited driving and oh boy does it feel good. Plenty of power from the 2.7TT, great grip through corners and plenty of braking power. However the S4 was designed and had been modified by me with that in mind.

9. BMW or Audi? Why?
BMW's are amazing cars and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. However I think too many people buy a BMW because of the name and what they think goes along with it. Audi brings a greater feeling of comfort coupled with the quattro AWD system on every car. Audi as a buisness is doing so well because of their products.

That should be good for now. If anyone comes up with some good questions on their own please feel free to post them with your answers

THANK GOD FOR AUDI FORUMS!

Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Site Moderator

Sure do. 4 years now.

Safety, quattro, comfort, interior, gas mileage, turbo.

Northeast winters.

Yup. B5

Varies depending on what the owner is looking for. The 2.8L in any form has outstanding reliability. The 1.8t is an affordable mod engine, and if you include the 2.7t from the B5 S4, you get a motor very responsive to modifications.

Yup- GT2871R eliminator turbo, hollowed cat, AWE/Borla exhaust, Turbosmart manual boost controller, ECS tuning fuel pressure regulator, bosch 440cc injectors, greddy front mount intercooler, forge 007 diverter valve, defi boost and fuel pressure gauges in SPP A pillar mount, bilstein shocks w/H&R sport springs, Stasis/Alcon 355mm front brakes, Stasis/Alcon S4 rear brake upgrade, H-Sport sway bars, Kenwood something or other deck, MB Quart components powered by a Diamond Audio 600/4, JL Audio 10 W7 powered by a JL 500/1, and currently rolling on 18x8 OZ Ultraleggeras w/Michelin Pilot Sports for the summer and Pirelli winter somethings.

No. Any luxury vehicle will have higher maintenance than a economy car. If the maintenance is not kept up to par, like anything else, the car will have issues.

No track experience.

9. BMW or Audi? Why?
Audi. Superior awd (even BMW guys I know acknowledge it), cheaper price, better interior. After seeing what and Audi can stand in an accident (like getting side swiped doing 100+, rolling 3 times and being able to walk away with a scratch on the forehead and a bruised forearm), I don't think I'll switch to another brand anytime soon.