Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mikes Audi Project for School interview questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:30 PM
2nd Gear
Default Mikes Audi Project for School interview questions

Ok so heres the deal, i need some info on audis for my senior project and someone gave me a great idea of just asking you guys as one of my sources and just interview people from the forums about it. theres no one who knows more about audis than the forums!

so here we go here a bunch of questions i have for you guys
answer as many as you like
any thing helps
thanks!!

1. Do you own an Audi? If so, how long have you owned one.

2. What about Audi's cars made you choose them instead of other companies?

3. What has your experience been with the quattro system?

4. Do you own an A4? If so, B5, B6, B7, or B8?

5. Which B5 engine is better in your opinion?(please support your answer)

6. Is your car modified? How so?

7. Do you think Audi deserves the stereotype of being unreliable?

8. Describe your experience on the track with your Audi compared to other cars.

9. BMW or Audi? Why?

That should be good for now. If anyone comes up with some good questions on their own please feel free to post them with your answers

THANK GOD FOR AUDI FORUMS!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:50 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Mikes Audi Project for School interview questions

1. Yes, since June of 2007.

2. The better quality aspects over Volkswagen, and the better affordability over BMW.

3. Better than anything I ever imagined. It gives an amazing sense of security in rain and snow, and performs exceptionally when truely put to the test.

4. B5 A4.

5. Both of them can be amazing motors - the 1.8T is an incredible engine to modify, and the 2.8 is naturally quick and can easily achieve 200k+ miles.

6. Yes - debadged, Polk speakers up front, Rockford Fosgate subwoofer / Alpine amplifier, Neuspeed Race Springs, and Bilstein Sport Shocks.

7. Possibly, given the terrible quality that they were in the 1980's. Most of us know that the newer models are very reliable, there's still going to be those people...

8. I've never had it on the track, but I own the on-ramps.

9. If I had to choose between the two, I would say Audi - simply because of quattro. But if you can afford to have the best of both worlds, I highly encourage you to do so.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:50 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: washyourrhands

Ok so heres the deal, i need some info on audis for my senior project and someone gave me a great idea of just asking you guys as one of my sources and just interview people from the forums about it. theres no one who knows more about audis than the forums!

any thing helps
thanks!!

Yes, I have owned 2 of them. I got my latest one about 8 months ago.
I like how they are nice and luxurious and yet can still be fast with a few upgrades. They are also fun to drive, have the best AWD system ever made, and they are safer than most cars. AUDI FTW!
IT's AWESOME!!!! Add a little gas while sliding and you can drift it in the snow! I just need some better tires.
Yes, late 99 A4. So it's a B5.
The 1.8T AEB engine because it's upgradeable with pretty much limitless possibilities. It's lighter than the 2.8 and also the AEB is the most upgrade friendly from what I have heard. Very well built engines.
Yup, K04 with GIAC PC-16 file, FMIC, 007 DV, Redtop 310cc fuel injectors, 034 motorsports adjustable fpr, airbox mod, 18 x 8.5" TSW Wheels, HID, boost guage, In-Dash DVD player, 12inch kenwood sub in Q-logic box, CC-Mod, and a euro plate. I think thats it.
Nope, if you take care of your car, it will take car of you!
Haven't raced it on a track yet.
9. BMW or Audi? Why?
Audi, it has Quattro and same reason as stated above.
That should be good for now. If anyone comes up with some good questions on their own please feel free to post them with your answers

Hope that helps!

P.S. What is your project going to be on exactly?

Josh

Old 02-11-2008, 03:55 AM
1st Gear

any thing helps
thanks!!

I've owned 2, Collectively about 2+ years
Styling, reliability[/color]
Well besides losing control of my last audi and totaling it, I love the quattro system and it's sense of reassurance in most weather conditions
My last was a B5 A4 and the current is a B6 A4 Avant
I prefer the 1.8T engine. I am a big fan of the turbo and there are plenty of supporting modifications that can be done to this engine to achieve substantial power
The B5 had a stage 3 turbo kit, exhaust, coil overs, pretty much the works. The current is in process of getting lowered, chipped, and exhaust
Earlier models tended to have some issues, but I am pretty sure most problematic areas have been addressed with later models
I have yet to take my car on the track
9. BMW or Audi? Why?
Audi, although I do like a lot of BMW's, I don't feel like just another bimmer on the road. When I drive my Audi i feel a sense of unique European engineering

Old 02-11-2008, 04:05 AM
5th Gear

any thing helps
thanks!!

yes. 2 years
quattro and safety
it fvkin rules
yes. B5
AEB, bigger port head
yes. k04, chip, intake, test pipe, exhaust, bov, fmic, stage 5 clutch, street density motor and tranny mounts, crazy sound system
no. people dont know how to maintain a car properly.
honestly not as fun as a rwd car, but it takes more skill and is more addicting
9. BMW or Audi? Why?
Audi. looks, quattro, galvanized metal, turbo, etc...

Old 02-11-2008, 09:20 AM
3rd Gear

Yes, almost 2 years
AWD, styling, interior
Great, i live in CO where a bit more traction is required when the snow starts falling
B5 A4
1.8t, virtually unlimited modding potential
Yes, chip, dv, boost gauge, 18s
No, they're only as reliable as their owners
No track experiance to speak of but, as far as handling, my audi handles well for 3000lb car
9. BMW or Audi? Why?
I love both brands but chose Audi for quattro. RWD doesn't cut it for (winter) mountain driving

Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 AM
2nd Gear

Yes, Since April of 2006
More the S4 than the Audi name, had the need for speed but still like to fulfill my need for luxury.
AWESOME, i have an aggressive tire on right now in mid winter and the quattro lets me do what i want when i want in the deepest of snow (car also lowered a ton to.
B5 S4. 02
Minus the turbo reliability.... 2.7T just because the engine almost never fails and with just upgrading the head bolts, the motor can handle just under 500whp.
Stage 2 S4, Chip, pipes, suspension, ss brake lines, stage 3/4 CM clutch,
Yes, however its only when u drive the wheels off the car, if u drive it as luxury its fine, drive it like a sports car and its game over.
Only done drag, was fun, loved the pull out of the hole with the AWD but it was hot and the K03's were working hard on the back end.
9. BMW or Audi? Why?
New...and realistic BMW(135), new and outlandish Audi (R8), big boost fan thats all, love forced injection.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

1. Do you own an Audi? If so, how long have you owned one. yes, i've owned 3 (96 A6, 03 A6 2.7T, and 05 S4 Cab, all quattro)

2. What about Audi's cars made you choose them instead of other companies? back in 1996, there wasn't much choice in all wheel drive sedans and i didn't want an SUV. I live in the midwest where winters can be messy and my driveway is curved and steep, so i needed a car with all wheel drive.

3. What has your experience been with the quattro system? it has never disappointed me. it was amazing to me how that first 96A6 just plowed through the snow. thereare times when i can feel the power going to whatever wheels have the best traction. it gives you a level of driver confidence in hazardous road conditions.

4. Do you own an A4? If so, B5, B6, B7, or B8? my 4 is an S and i believe it is a B6, my husband drives my old 03 A6 2.7T and i believe that is a B6 as well. (not sure what the 96 is. my daughter had that one till she crashed it, otherwise we'd still have that one too.)

5. Which B5 engine is better in your opinion?(please support your answer) the 2.7t. i got this from wikipedia (i'm sure you've probably already seen it)
The second generation S4 debuted in 1997 as part of the B5 platform A4 line-up, although it wasn't available in North America until year 2000. The B5 S4 had a 2.7L, twin-turbocharged V6 engine producing 265PS (195kW/261hp) in European trim. The engine was slightly detuned to meet US emissions regulations, and power stopped at 250hp (186kW) in North America. In addition to the sedan, a wagon version, the Audi S4 Avant, was introduced into the lineup from 1998.
The S4 claims acceleration from 0 to 100km/h (62mph) in 5.6 seconds and had an electronically-limited top speed of 250km/h (155mph), making it both the quickest sedan in the Audi model line and among the quickest sedans in the world at that time. As in the previous S4, a six-speed manual transmission was standard equipment, as was the quattro all-wheel-drive. A five-speed Tiptronic transmission became available for the first time as an option. Production ceased on the B5 S4 in 2001 although it was still sold together with the next B6 platform generation through 2002 in North America.
A racing form of the car experienced great success in the Speedvision World Challenge with Michael Galati taking the 2001 Speedvision GT title in a Champion Racing S4 with four wins and helping Audi to its first-ever Manufacturers' Championship. The Audi Sport spec Champion A4 chassis had an RS4 engine, Alcon racing calipers 4pot-front/2pot-rear. Istook Racing also competed with a US Spec S4 engine First APR programming then REVO ECU reflash which translated in an almost 1.5 sec improvement over APR map.
Several years after it was sold new, the second generation (B5) S4 remains an enthusiast car, and as featured in the December 2007 issue of Sport Compact Car magazine, a Torque Factory tuned S4 won a comparison test against several other extreme performance cars

6. Is your car modified? How so? i already have V8 340hp, and while some extra boost would be appreciated, i haven't modded my car. i do have bbs wheels that look nice.

7. Do you think Audi deserves the stereotype of being unreliable? i'm not sure about that because, like any product, the voices of the discontented are much louder than the voices of the satisfied. i believe, as with any high performance car, you have to expect that repairs are going to be costly. the good thing is if you buy your car new or while it's still under warranty, then usually anything is covered. i think more young people (under 25)are buyingused audi's that are not under warranty and this age group typically doesn't have the financial resources necessary for the costly repairs. therefore, you hear the loudvoices of "unreliability" from this group, not so much out of dissatisfaction from the car, but more from the strain it puts on their budgets.

8. Describe your experience on the track with your Audi compared to other cars. i have never taken my car to a track.

9. BMW or Audi? Why? i chose audi for quattro, but i stay with audi, not only for quattro but to be different. i see a gazillion black bmw's EVERYWHERE and i am a leader,not a follower! i'm excited to see the popularity of audi grow. the audi designers are doing a wonderful job of keeping me as a customer, because every year i see something i want to have as my "next car". they always have me looking towards the future.
good luck.
[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 02-11-2008, 10:21 AM
4th Gear

any thing helps
thanks!!

Yes I do, owned one for a year and a half

Hmmm.. to be honest I wanted something sporty with looks. Had to have the ability to mod, and be a 5 speeed.. i was looking at RSX-S, and a few other cars like that. And I test drove an 2002 Audi A4 1.8T and never looked back, had my mind set on that car and found the 03 A4 1.8T about a week later.

So far awesome, you definitely see a difference in snow and rain. I love AWD for that purpose, it seems to affect accelerating through corners alot. I know this because I once had to lose a crazy lady through a neighborhood. And AWD definitely showed its true colors, its fun.

Yes I do, 1.8T B6

5. Which B6 engine is better in your opinion?(please support your answer)
1.8T hands down, you can chip it and make it close to as quick as the 3.0, and it has much more modding potential than a 3.0. Especially for the money, Big Turbo kits are becoming more common and more reliable and I hope to purchase one someday.

Yes.. Revo chip, Intake/Heatshield, Forge Diverter Valve, Borla cat-back exhaust.. Testpipe (In the mail)

As for exterior.. its also modded. 18" HP Evo rims, front grill, USP front bumper, Debadged, 20% Tint, Euro plate

I do and I don't.. I mean 1.8Ts are imfamous for oil sludge. No two ways about it, my car got 120% synthetic oil every 3k miles. And it still came down with the flu[:'(] But audi reconized the car had been correctly maintained and replaced my engine for free. So in the end it's all gravy.

Haven't taken it to a track persay.. but I have had my fun in neighborhoods that only have the pavement laid and no houses/workers around. It will move, and having a turbo and AWD makes everything much more fun. I imagine with a Big turbo setup it'd be a very fun car on the track.

9. BMW or Audi? Why?
Haha... Hmmm.. Thats a good question. I'll go with Audi. But I do have mucho respect for BMW as well. They're a powerful name in German automotive and offers some really amazing cars. So I'm not a BMW hater, by any means. But I choose Audi because they have such a big history in racing, from rally to different circuits. Quattro has made a name for itself and proven itself time and time again, its a platform for a lot of AWD cars you see today. Audi will forever be known, and legendary for just that one thing. Quattro for life!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
2nd Gear

1. I did own one for about 6 months.

2. There was one at the BMW dealership I was at with a friend.

3. Completely unecessary 98% of the time in most places that I've lived. Would have been helpful perhaps 20% of the time in the worst place that I lived.

4. B5 S4.

5. 2.7 Turbo. Goes without explaination. It's bigger and turboier.

6. Bone stock.

7. I never spent a dime on repairs.

8. It got beat a lot. While fun, the 2.7T doesn't exactly have crushing power from the factory, so AWD was a detriment on dry, prepped tracks.

9. BMW. Because they're more fun.

Quick Reply: Mikes Audi Project for School interview questions