Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Might Be Getting Fired...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:18 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Might Be Getting Fired...

Two things.

1. I have found craigslist to be extremely helpful resourcewhen you are looking for a job, they have good no. of listings for almost everything. Much better than monster or dice.I tried it and was surprised to find so many listings even for my work, which is very technical and limited. Though, don't try looking for soul-mates there...the girls you findin CLare worthless.

2. You can always become a professional photographer

Sorry, about you loosing your job, but remember when one door closes, another one opens. There is a God in heaven.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
4th Gear

Thanks Nocturnal

I have been looking around on CL for jobs. There are a few there I am interested in. My dad also has a couple really good connections at one of the biggest banks here in town so i might be able to get something there. I am really wanting to become a professional photographer. That would be so cool. I am working my way towards that goal.

And yes, I know God will take care of me... everything happens for a reason and you learn something new through every experience you have... both good and bad.

josh

Old 05-20-2008, 03:33 PM

Sorry about getting fired. It sucks. But CL has a bunch of postings for photographers so you could do that for a while. My dad owns a photography company that he started himself so it can be done!!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

oh man...sorry.
but i think something much better will come your way.

railrunner sounds like he knows what he's talking about. either way (fired or quit), you have something legitimate to tell a future employer as to why you left your last job.

chalk it up to experience in dealing with people. there's lots of wackosout there.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:46 PM
4th Gear

Thats an understatement.

Josh

Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
3rd Gear

sorry to hear that job didn't work out for you man. You seem like a pretty talented guy and you're got a good head on your shoulders so I'm sure finding a new job will be a refreshingly easy task. Just remember, if you are in an interview and you sense at all that your manager/supervisor is going to turn out to be like the induvidual at your last job - turn your back and find something else! I second the finding a professional photography career, do something that you really love and that makes you happy!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:04 PM
3rd Gear

I recently interviewed for a position as a Paralegal at a local law firm. They required applicants to have a college degree AND speak Spanish. I have to take a dance class this summer (LAME! But it's the only one offered this summer than fulfills a particular University core requirement), but otherwise I am finished with my BS in Economics and I am fluent in Spanish. They offered me $13/hour. I want to know what bilingual college grad (and Magna *** Laude, thank you very much!) they think they're going to get for $13 an hour! I made more than that selling perfume! I guess that's not really related nor is it encouragement, but it's on my mind, so I thought I would share. I hope that your hunt goes smoothly!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
3rd Gear

Josh - two things to do.
1. find another job or start up your own business.
2. get NotaHondaOwner to run a drug bust on your ex-boss.
Depending on the amount of vicodan, pecusettes, and oxycodons he's crushing and blowing up his nose, he's bound to get at least arrested and fined.
Good luck bro.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 AM
5th Gear

I guess I've been taking it for granted that I enjoy working with most of my managers / supervisors.

I'm sure something better will come along for you. Whether it's full-time photography or not, I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding people that want to pay you for shoots.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

you can always check out some sites like guru.com or elance.com, they are always looking for any type of artist to do work for them, including photography. ill go there sometimes to get some freelance graphic design work

Quick Reply: Might Be Getting Fired...