Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Member/Hero of the day, UpstateNYA4

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Site Moderator
Default Member/Hero of the day, UpstateNYA4

You RULE!

Guy sent me a spring for my inside door handle that I needed that he picked up from a junk yard (?) I was confused to see such a small part arrive in such a big heavy box.... To my great surprise, there were 2 bottles of mine and his favorite beer, Yuengling!!! Wooooooooo!

When I saw the bottles wrapped up in news paper I thought they were bumper shocks or something, and I was like wtf?

Thanks man. I'll take it to the party tonight and make everyone jealous.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 11-08-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 PM
2nd Gear

hope he didnt use usps, cause its illegal ha, but any other mail service is legal to use to send alcohol (just tried sending my buddy a bottle for his 21st)

ive never heard of Yuengling, is it rare or why couldnt you get any?

with a name like that its gotta be good : )

Old 11-08-2008, 03:31 PM
4th Gear

this is why he is my hero...

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/r...08/retards.jpg

even though he didnt post that he started the thread that led to me almost pissing myself...

good **** man

Old 11-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah it's only available in some states. NY, PA, NC, and FL from what I know, probably the most eastern slice of the country. But it's gooooooood lager. Ruby Tuesdays around here has it on their drink menu and every time I go there I ask for it and then make a big deal when they say they don't have it. It's pretty embarrassing for my wife

Old 11-08-2008, 04:04 PM
6th Gear

Yuengling is good, I wish it was available in Ohio

also my fav member is a4_2.8tuner because he sent me the side emblam that the 12v has on the front fender because mine is broke and he had one extra. Also his car is awesome.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
You RULE!

Guy sent me a spring for my inside door handle that I needed that he picked up from a junk yard (?) I was confused to see such a small part arrive in such a big heavy box.... To my great surprise, there were 2 bottles of mine and his favorite beer, Yuengling!!! Wooooooooo!

When I saw the bottles wrapped up in news paper I thought they were bumper shocks or something, and I was like wtf?

Thanks man. I'll take it to the party tonight and make everyone jealous.
LOL, glad they arrived safely. No man should be denied Yuengling because his state of residence sucks with regard to beer. I had the spring there in the garage, grabbed a Yueng out of the fridge, had two more in there and a box that would hold them, and figured why not? We talked in the past about it when you saw my avatar and it stuck with me that it would really suck to live somewhere that doesn't have it available. Enjoy 'em but guard them closely - if someone else at the party has good taste in beer, they may try to snag one

CAB, I feel for you and 8tee and the other guys who know how good the stuff is and can't get it there. If it were me, I'd probably move

Old 11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Site Moderator

You're doing god's work man... Cheers.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
You're doing god's work man... Cheers.
Amen.

My favorite beers (no order): Yuengling, Stella Artois, Amstel Light

http://www.yuengling.com/distrib.htm

Old 11-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Hard to argue with Yueng and Stella. Amstel isn't bad, but I'll take Beck's over it. Or Ommegang - ever try that stuff? It looks like the color of transmission fluid, but it's good - definitely a unique taste and it may take a couple of them to get used to it, but it's good stuff.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:59 PM

Yea Amstel Light is good for a light beer, thats why I put it on my list

Ommegang - never heard of it - on the web site it looks delicious/expensive. But I'd put the microbrews in a different class.

Quick Reply: Member/Hero of the day, UpstateNYA4