Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Is Sarah Palin A Milf>?
YES
91.30%
NO
8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Mcains choice for VP

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Site Moderator

I'm watching the Rep.Nat. Conv. and I'm sorry..... John McCain is a tired man. He doesn't have the physical energy that this country needs in a president. Wether you think his policies/views are right or wrong, this guy is played out and is on the verge of losing his mind. He can barely string a sentence together without the help of a telepromter. He just has "old and same" written all over him, and I think the majority of Americans want "new and fresh". Obama talks to me like a neighbor. McCain talks to me like a bad retired actor. I'm still somewhat undecided though. Both have noteable weaknesses.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 PM
4th Gear

Agreed... I truly liked McCain - even when he was trying to go against Clinton (but they chose Bob Dole instead?!?!?!)

Now he's past his prime and though Palin's a hottie - it isn't enough for me

Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear

I thought the McCain speech was great! He hit on all the major points even played through the disturbance that those protesters caused (it would have been awesome if he told them "go back to the 60's you hippies"). While neither candidate is perfect I like McCain and Palin ticket a lot more than the Obama & Biden. I am Republican but by no means religious and think that is the downfall of the GOP. Ppl can have good morals with out religion. But I think they are a lot stronger when it comes to National Security and Economic Policy.

Working for a small government consulting firm in DC Obama would be great for business we would have a field day with contract pricing knowing that the government would give us the extra money just because they had it. At the same time since we are a small business we probably wouldn't see that much more in profit b/c of the increased taxes.

McCain has more experience and class in his POW ravaged shoulders that Obama and Biden do in their entire bodies combined. As for a boring speech and being a tired man did you see the way he fought over the cheers at the end of his speech to finish it off drawing on the strength of the crowd to hammer home his points? (Not to mention it was a long speech) If that isn't energy then I don't know what is.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

Shes old to be a milf, id call her a cougar. I was seconds away from starting this thread and just saying I'd hit it. Shes sexy

Old 09-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Site Moderator

Experience is great. But McCain's' experience comes from a broken system. His experience is important and relevant for the last 30-40 years, but there is not much use for it now and in the future, and even if there is, his image is "old and tired" in many people's view, and that is huge in itself. I think I might rather throw young inexperienced Obama in there to reform and revolutionize the system to thrive for another 30-40 years. Yeah I saw how McCain spoke over the cheers at the end. That was one of two or three times throughout the entire speech that I saw true liveliness.

Being a POW does not make you a better commander and chief. I know it's heroic and admirable, but it doesn't really make him more qualified over a non POW.

I know it sounds like I'm all for Obama, but I honestly am still undecided. I certainly have more doubts about McCain though.

This country is long over due for a shake up in many aspects. Everyone knows that this country has made some bad mistakes in our international affairs. In a lot of ways, we owe it to the international community to at least show a strong will for change. We need more allies. This country in my oppinon has been on an 8 year isolation binge. In my oppinion we need the candidate who promotes "change" the most. Follow through is the next step.

Ok... Maybe I made up my mind IDK.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 09-05-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 AM

Without getting into the whole political argument I just want to say that Obama in office scares me and McCain/Palin will get my vote.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:00 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
I think I might rather throw young inexperienced Obama in there to reform and revolutionize the system to thrive for another 30-40 years.

The American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of "personal discovery."

Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 AM
3rd Gear

also, i just read this from some news site. I'd like someone who is a democrat and knowledgeable (like palindari) to agree, disagree, or explain.

But the Palin pick seems to be having a virtually identical effect on the Democratic base. Activists have frenetically picked apart Palin's record over the last week, and an Obama aide told the Huffington Post that the campaign has raised $8 million since her speech last night "from over 130,000 donors - on pace to hit $10 million by the time John McCain hits the stage tonight."
"Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected," the aide said. "And we fully expect John McCain's attacks tonight to help us make our grassroots organization even stronger."
Is it just me or does it seem like obama's campaign tries to look good by simply making everyone else look bad? thats what bullies do in school when they are too insecure to live their own lives so they try to ruin everyone else's. It seems to me that the obama campaign is too quick to call anything the republicans say an "attack" where they are just stating facts whether they are true or not. You dont hear McCain whining about being attacked by Obama, who is doing just the same in his speeches, stating facts whether they are true or not.

secondly, when obama's followers are being described - how come we keep seeing words like activist, fanatical, frenetically, and obsessed? it seems like obama could take a huge dump on any of these people and they would still hand him their child. Now, I could be being vain here but I really just want to know why?

thanks

Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 AM

It's all a rich man's game now.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:56 AM
1st Gear

yea... some of you guys might want to use other news sources outside of the mainstream american media circle. you'll learn alot about the true policies of our US government of the last 30 years, let alone the last 8. We've done a lot of bad things to a lot of people in a lot of places that we really had no reason to occupy except for financial gain among the powers that be. Do the research behind Haliburton and the numerous other contractors (many if not all owned by friends of the Bush Admin members). I mean, why else would Cheney be laying low? Think about it. As soon as the FBI began investigating the Bush administration's involvement in 9/11, they began a massive campaign firing over 50 different FBI agents and district attorneys. C'mon.... why else would they do that? what could they possibly gain from firing all of the people investigating the administration members and they're actions in relation to the planning, the execution of the plan, the blast radii shown on the twin towers as well as building 7.... f*ck... if you don't believe the scientific evidence, Bush's nephew was the head of security for the twin towers and his contract was scheduled to end the morning of 9/11. He was tipped off, just like Guiliani was tipped off. They all knew what was coming and they knew of the bush admins involvement... but they did nothing... and for what? to try to gain a little more power over the poor. gain a few billion dollars for their bank accounts and for the accounts of the contracting company owners? Haliburton (owned by Cheney) and the oil companies, and the top corporations in the US all stood to gain from the deaths of all those people. I mean... i can't blame them because people do f*cked up stuff like kill and murder people every day both here in the US and in other countries. If a drug dealer can kill a guy over a few thousand dollars. Why not kill a few thousand people to gain complete control of the armed forces, and complete control and the contract allocation. I can't blame bush cause he's always been the cool frat guy among his peers, just trying to fit in and make everyone around him proud. He's not too smart... ah well... too late, the midwest, the smart dumbasses, the rich that are greedy, and the thousands of people who don't get up and vote are at fault... we screwed ourselves by putting him in office. but again, the rich don't really give a **** as long as they get richer and continue to get better tax cuts. it's human nature... we as animals have the instinct to gather, gain, and dominate as much as possible... it's undeniable nature that will take true enlightenment and unfortunately, probably a worldwide catastrophe, to change that... ****** sucks, but either we get a president that thinks for the rich and the poor as a whole rather than the rich and only the rich, we're all f*cked and all of us under 35 (that's right, the draft age has been changed to 35... wake up... patriot act) are gonna be forced to fight when sh*t hits the fan. Best thing I can say to all partisan voters is think with your heart and your mind.... not with your wallet, your bank account, your church/synagogue/temple (why do you think religion was put in place, to control the will of the human race and keep power in the hands of the hiearchy), or your material lust... think about how long we have before we've screwed up our country and our planet to the point of no return...

Quick Reply: Mcains choice for VP