Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Is Sarah Palin A Milf>?
YES
91.30%
NO
8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Mcains choice for VP

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 PM
3rd Gear

I just watched the last night's convention coverage on tivo as I missed it last night. I watched obama's convention live as It was happening.

Honestly, I didn't like either of the candidates - for varying reasons. But after Palin's groundbreaking speech last night, I finally see how hollow the democratic campaign is and how amazing of a job they have been doing of making McCain look like a fool. I feel dumb for falling for their lies!

I think anyone who actually watched last nights' events wouldn't have the ***** to say that pailin would make a bad vice president. I think the once confident democrats have a lot to worry about now - and a lot of the naysayers are just lashing out in fear and not in fact.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

metalmaniac you really think cuz mccains vp has ***** (nice) that all hillary supporters are automatically going to jump to the other side......and before barack was nominated majority of blacks were for hillary...americans are naive but c'mon ithink the issues have a little more impact on votes than gender/skin color

+1 for mccain trying to pull a clinton tho..thats about the only logical reason i see him choosing her

Old 09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

hell yes

Old 09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
3rd Gear

i thought you men would enjoy this.

Last edited by ssbaudi; 09-04-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
4th Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by ssbaudi
Honestly, I didn't like either of the candidates - for varying reasons. But after Palin's groundbreaking speech last night, I finally see how hollow the democratic campaign is and how amazing of a job they have been doing of making McCain look like a fool. I feel dumb for falling for their lies!

I think anyone who actually watched last nights' events wouldn't have the ***** to say that pailin would make a bad vice president. I think the once confident democrats have a lot to worry about now - and a lot of the naysayers are just lashing out in fear and not in fact.
Now there's a challenge!!!

Let's look at the facts- according to wikipedia...

Palin was in public office as mayor of her hamlet (pop <8k) from 96-02
Served on city council from 92-96
She has a BS in Communications/Journalist from the University of Idaho (minored in Poly-sci)
served as Ethics Supervisor for the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission for 1 yr between public office
Elected Governor of Alaska in Nov 06
Look it up...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_palin

Now let's look at Biden... won;t bother - no contest in creds...

What's my point - Palin's a noob to the national game. She's been playing outside the box with a constituency less than we have here in my county!
(Kern County - 780k vs. All of Alaska 670k)
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/02000.html
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/06029.html

Hasn't a real chance to become a true opponent. Can't say she can't do it - but I'm thinking if they lose we'll see pretty little Sarah again soon.

How's that for *****, matey

btw in case you were wondering...

Obama has been serving in public office (state senator then US) since 1997.
Got a BA in political science/international affairs from Columbia University
Got his law degree from Harvard Law.
Taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago Law School for 12 years.
Elected US Senator in Jan 05.
Look it up...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Old 09-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Site Moderator

oh hell yes!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
3rd Gear

You make good points, but the fact of the matter for ME is when I listen to Obama and Biden i hear the voice of their writers and advisors. When I hear Palin and McCain speak, I hear the honest voice of an american. I disagree with how quick democrats go on the defensive after everytime a republican speaks - saying things like "they are avoiding the true problem" where in reality they are talking about the ONLY problem, a corrupt and overbearing goverernment.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:00 PM
4th Gear

is it me or does her voice kinda grate on you? kinda sounded like Pat without the stupid laugh... lol

Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 PM

As far as anyone being taken out.....I have a really strong feeling if Obama was elected, the whole "JFK" shooting wiull ahve a sequel.....just my opinion

Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 PM

nice pic bro !!!!

Quick Reply: Mcains choice for VP