Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mazda 6MPS...Your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:25 AM
4th Gear
Default Mazda 6MPS...Your thoughts?

I was watching an old *** topgear episode the other night when I saw this.... Very nice sporty car and kinda not expensive. At first I was like yeah (BUT NO AWD) then sure enough it's AWD which is kind nice living in Chicago and rolling thru the snow.

Any thoughts?

Kind of done modding my car I dont wanna bother with BT or K04 leaning towards GTI or S4 this Mazda might be a contender. Def sometime within the next 1-1/2 year.

http://www.mazda.com.au/mazda6mps/
http://tviv.org/Top_Gear/Season_8_Episode_6
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/ep...episode6.shtml
http://www.mazda6mps.com/eu/index.asp?flash=1

Old 12-31-2007, 07:42 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Mazda 6MPS...Your thoughts?

If I had to replace my Audi, it would be with a MazdaSpeed 6 in a heartbeat. I drove one at ZoomZoom Live on their autocross like course that was built for speed, and that is a wonderful car. Absolutely wonderful, and I really can't complain about it. The only thing is, the overall quality of the interior isn't quite the same as the Audi, but, it is a Mazda and not an Audi. It beats the hell out of American cars, the seats are comfortable and supportive, there's more legroom in the back than the B5 and B6, and it has kickass looking wheels. Plus, put a good exhaust on it, and you have a very unique sounding car. Kinda like a WRX/STi, but a bit different and not rice at all. Go take one for a spin and knock yourself out!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:42 AM
2nd Gear

Zoom Zoom Boom! lol..
If i were you i would get an S4, very biased but once you have one you'll never think about getting something like that. test drive both other them, then make the right (s4) decision

Old 12-31-2007, 08:44 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

The MPS is quicker and understeers less than the B5S4. Yes, I've driven them both.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:48 AM
1st Gear

my fiancee has an 04 6 Sport, and to be quite honest, I love it. The only complaint I have is the manual shift mode on the auto is very jerky; otherwise, nice power and decent ergonomics.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: CLX

The MPS is quicker and understeers less than the B5S4. Yes, I've driven them both.
quicker than a stock s4 .. what about a chipped s4?
A car could be better, but i jsut dont like those cars.. only a few i would consider.. .that nissan gt-r aint that bad!
im thinking a rs4 or rs6 is going to be a good perchase in a few years; mazda's jsut dont cut it when you're looking for luxury and performance, imo

Old 12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

MPS only comes with a real 6-speed, and you can chip them. When comparing two cars, you can't compare a modded car and a stock car. That's just plain f*cking retarded.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:20 AM
2nd Gear

I'm half retarded! im blonde, lol

Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Ok, fine. Half retarded. You still should really take one out for a spin, it will totally BLOW YOUR MIND about Mazdas.

Seriously.

BLOWN MIND.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
2nd Gear

^^ lol... deal.. but i wont be testingcars for a few more years. I'll take your word orb.

Quick Reply: Mazda 6MPS...Your thoughts?