Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

In the market for an Audi...need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
1st Gear
Default In the market for an Audi...need some advice.

I've scoured the forums for a little while now and I can't seem to put my finger on a specific car. I really like the LED head/tail lights of the newer models. I have heard from a few tech friends at repair shops that a lot of Audi t-cases need rebuild as regular maintenance at 75k? Is that the case (heh, pun intended)? I can't seem to find a "diary" of the known issues and common problems with the car. I've never owned a VW or an Audi. I come from the DSM world, which, if anyone knows DSMs, know they are the king of problems...haha.

I was looking at an '09 or '10 S4. Anything that I should know about them which is model specific? Any year better than the other (performance, engine, drivetrain, interior, exterior, electrical, reliability)? Sorry if this in a wrong section, but I didn't really feel there was a specific place for my questions.

Thanks for any and all advice.

- DSM

Old 06-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Most of that will be hard to answer on here since those cars are so new, they're inaccessible to the majority of the forum's users due to cost, and because the cars are under warranty, their owners are unlikely to be someplace like this forum, searching for help with issues, when they can just go back to the dealer and say "fix it". Your best bet to get your answers would be from a higher-volume Audi dealership (talk to one of the techs there since they're the ones fixing any issues on those cars), and possibly to APR or AWE since those tuning houses have been modding the cars and may have discovered weaknesses.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:31 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the post.

I'll poke around. I'll go up and talk to some of the techs and see what they say. Only problem I see with doing that is them feeding me the "OMGAWD DEY HAZ NOE PROBLAMZ EVARZ..." corporate sales don't-talk-****-on-Audi-to-a-would-be-buyer answer. I don't "have it like that" with any of the techs at the local stealership, so it'll be hard for me to feel like I'm getting the real answer from any of them. I guess I can call/email some of the performance shops for Audis and see what they say about the newer model years.