Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Marines

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 AM

Good luck and have fun with it. Remember though, basic/boot is really tough and you will hate it while you're there. Time will seem really drawn out and you will feel like you've been there forever but it does end and the difficulty is self limiting. It isn't any harder than you can do. The biggest threat they use is that they'll keep you in basic for another go round.
I was army from '89 to '93 and played in the sandbox the first time around.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 AM
4th Gear

yea im not really going to dick around... im going to prep for the next three months, and in that time i think i should put on the muscle and endurance i need...

i figure if i go in as strong as ever and fit as ever, ill be able to fly under the radar a little bit... of course they scream and shout at everyone, and ill be somewhat of a target with my glasses, but, i think that as long as im in good shape itll give drill instructors something else to yell at, the other guys who werent ready and went into boot camp to get in shape rather than going in shape

Old 12-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Tech Guru

I talked to a guy who was in Marine Corps basic in the '50s and he said after they got thrown off the bus at Parris, he came to six weeks later doing drill on some drill field. The last seven weeks were a bitch though.