Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Making my own Black Housing 00 A4 headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 01:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Making my own Black Housing 00 A4 headlights

I started on the project last night and took one light apart and painted it, it looks bad ***, i took the amber turnsignal off and painted black underneath it, then placed the amber piece back on, only problem im going to run into is putting the light back together. if anyone has done this or anything similar please post me with comments or questions, thank you.

Dino

00 Audi A4 1.8T

Old 04-18-2005, 01:38 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Making my own Black Housing 00 A4 headlights

i can't wait to see the results

Old 04-18-2005, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

to be honest, me neither. I looked on E bay for some but 330 for headlights is just stupid, and a buddy of mine did his EVO's headlights so i was like screw it. Only problem im having is when i pulled the glass of the back bracket, the part where the turnsignal side is bent in because it was so warm so im gonna have to bend it back out to make the glass fit over it.

Old 04-18-2005, 02:38 AM
4th Gear

i'd personally not put the amber lense back on. as a matter of fact... i'd be taking advantage of the fact i'm painting it... and do osme bondo and wet sanding work to get rid of the ribs on that piece, and the little notch. but that's just me

to reseal it, all you're gonna wanna do is clean out all the glue you have there, carefully with an exacto knife, then grab some sealer clue and run a bead around the headlights in the groove there (a thin bead, but a steady bead) then just squeeze it back on... i suggest finding your own method of keeping pressure on the seal overnight.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:04 AM
5th Gear

try to take pics for us dude...

Old 04-18-2005, 04:57 AM
1st Gear

I took the amber signal out and painted black underneath it then placed it back over the black paint, it looks really bad *** because it makes the turnsignal stand out more. I figured out how to put the light together, only problem is the back plastic that holds the glass in i had to warm up and fold back because it sits like a lip over the glass so nothing can get to it the edge, now it looks a little warped and bend, so i figure il just clean it up real good and place it in the owen and then folding it all back to normal.

PS : il get a disposable tommorow and take pics of everything including now and later shots for you guys

Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 AM

cant wiat to see them

Old 04-19-2005, 03:44 AM
1st Gear

ok guys good news, i got one headlight done and it looks bad ***, i painted the inside the brights so now i dont really have brights but it was well woth it and i lef the amber turnsignal inside, the light looks absolutley amazing. I had a few guys in town come over that heard about me painting it and look at it today lol...audi people are weird lol...anyhow..im gonna start on the passinger side light tommorow and i will take pics of the whole process for you guys...

Old 04-19-2005, 03:54 AM
5th Gear

awesome. it would be super dope of you if you could do a small write-up and post it in the DIY forum here...

Old 04-19-2005, 06:50 AM
1st Gear

thats kind of what im planning to do...or hoping at least..i want to load some photos up on there of step by step scenarios of how to take the headlight apart and stuff...if im gonna be a part of this community im gonna at least do something for it

Quick Reply: Making my own Black Housing 00 A4 headlights