Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

mac vs windows (edjumicate me)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear

for those of you that dont like macs, have you use them???? lol do u know what a "mac" is or can do????

i heard once that a company dont wanted to use macs instead of pcs cuz that will make the work easier and a lot of ppl would lost their jobs, jaja

THINK DIFFERENT

Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
4th Gear

Vista X64 works for me

My MAIN HOME PC

&

MAIN WORK BOX

Originally Posted by Palindari™
Macs rock - but they do not work well in the gaming industry - why write code for only less than 10% of the market?

PC's are solid if you tune them - but still there are issues

As for viruses... lol... Macs wins when by default. Who wants to crack into 10% of the market? Go after Windows FTW! lol

Vista is weird and still buggy - my personal PC has it as well as one of our workstations here at the office. I run into all kinds of different issues with it...

But all in all, I would love a Mac if they wrote more games for it.

Own an iPhone and love the damn thing! lol

Old 09-25-2008, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Trey25
Well I'm by no means computer illiterate, I know my way around xp. Just not one of those guys sitting at home on a friday night writing codes or playing world of warcraft. Just curious about the major differences between the two systems, especially the mac since I'm unfamiliar with it. So far its between a dell xps or a macbook pro. Gaming and longterm reliability the deciding factors.
reliability the macbook is gonna win no contest... a few posts back there is proof of that

Originally Posted by CAB509
well it's a peronal opinion really, so I'll give you mine.

I started life out on Macs in preschool and i continued to use them through Jr. high. During this time we also got an old iMac for our family computer. While I'd been using them I can't think of one time they froze on me and the only issue our old Imac had (and this only started after it was about 6 years old) was the the HD fried itself one time.

Then I got into HS and built a PC to last me the next 4 years. It took 6 years for something to break on our Old mac (which BTW is still running perfectly after a New HD and is now somewhere around 10-12 years old). Within 2 years I had to have the OS replaced because of a bug in the software which caused it to erase my HD (the first time). Then about a year later the new OS I had started to ocasionally not boot or randomly shut the computer off. Then my HD fried again. Finally after 4 years the OS, AC/DC adapter, and video card all fried at basically the same time rendering my PC absolutley dead. Then I went back to Mac

For College I got the Macbook Pro. I've been using it for a year now and have Leapeord installed on it with some other things. I am so happy to be back to Mac's. My computer has not frozen once on me, i had a slight OS error that was easily fixed after a reinstall and this one did not make me lose any of my things saved on my HD. The battery Life is awesome and i love the speed this thing has. Like Josh said, I'll have itunes, firefox, iMovie, iphoto, etc running and the computer will not be noticeably slower.

I love my Mac and am really happy to be back to the Apple brand.

So I'd go into the stores and try them all for a bit, but in the end it's up to you and what you precieve as a good brand.

And a sidenote: You can install different browsers than just IE. I used firefox on my old PC and I also use Firefox on my Mac.

Last edited by Carlos10704; 09-25-2008 at 01:37 AM.