Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

mac vs windows (edjumicate me)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 AM
2nd Gear

I too think both are good. I like PCs way more than any MAC I've tried. I'm not really sure why people are trying to push the MAC onto us all of a sudden. If its anything like the "godly" iPod I don't want it, because iPods are shitty.

I can see how MACs are better for editing, but the only people I see use those are the skinny emo looking kids in college that look like the girls that sit beside while they wear old school nintendo shirts even though they have never played those games.

To me MACs are a fad.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 AM
4th Gear

That's because the registry gets bloated and just like cars...PC's need tuneups as well. You shoulnd't knock the OS if you don't know how to tweak,manage it or fix it. Most users assume "oh it's broken Microsoft Sucks"

While they are not perfect niether is MAC, I will say MACs tend to be more stable but you are limited to certain things. That it just cant do (that a PC can)

I would know I over see roughly 320 Desktops and +22 Servers and rarely do they "crap out" or crash...thats because we keep them up to date and manage it properly.

Run a defrag,run spybot,ccleaner

Originally Posted by GHETTOxWHITExBOY
I'm done with PC's! I've always used a pc..... Dell's/HP's and at first they run great, but eventually they start to slow down noticably. I've noticed that lately programs are ending them selves more and more and that stupid "were sorry but theres been a problem with.....,would you like to send an error report" message, and the applications closes.....I hate that ****! So this will be the last PC for me. I used a buddy's MAC notebook for the first time a couple of weeks ago, that thing is sick! I hate Microsoft's sh!tty @$$ OS's and Game platforms "forgot to mention my 360 got the ring of death.....twice" seems that Microsoft couldn't fix it right the first time, so they sent me a brand new 360 and the new one crashed in 2 months....WTF! So now I will get a PS3!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dj Spiel
That's because the registry gets bloated and just like cars...PC's need tuneups as well. You shoulnd't knock the OS if you don't know how to tweak,manage it or fix it. Most users assume "oh it's broken Microsoft Sucks"

While they are not perfect niether is MAC, I will say MACs tend to be more stable but you are limited to certain things. That it just cant do (that a PC can)

I would know I over see roughly 320 Desktops and +22 Servers and rarely do they "crap out" or crash...thats because we keep them up to date and manage it properly.

exactly... u don't have to worry about none of that crap with OS X... It just works... and you can run ANY software on a mac.. even games... all u need to do is install Windows XP (or Vista... if u like that garbage) and your good to go. If your doing gaming, get a Macbook Pro or a Mac Pro and your good to go

Old 09-24-2008, 12:50 PM
4th Gear

Not alot of game come out for MAC...unless thing have changed. I doubt they are making

Project:ORIGIN
CRYSIS 2-WARHEAD
FARCRY 2 for mac

are they?

Originally Posted by Carlos10704
exactly... u don't have to worry about none of that crap with OS X... It just works... and you can run ANY software on a mac.. even games... all u need to do is install Windows XP (or Vista... if u like that garbage) and your good to go. If your doing gaming, get a Macbook Pro or a Mac Pro and your good to go

Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Carlos10704
Why do you call it garbage? It must be really fun to install an entire operating system just to play games...

Old 09-24-2008, 04:28 PM
4th Gear

Macs rock - but they do not work well in the gaming industry - why write code for only less than 10% of the market?

PC's are solid if you tune them - but still there are issues

As for viruses... lol... Macs wins when by default. Who wants to crack into 10% of the market? Go after Windows FTW! lol

Vista is weird and still buggy - my personal PC has it as well as one of our workstations here at the office. I run into all kinds of different issues with it...

But all in all, I would love a Mac if they wrote more games for it.

Own an iPhone and love the damn thing! lol

Last edited by Palindari™; 09-24-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i just reloaded XP on to my computer. vista sucks and its hard for me to say that because i love Microsoft but it was just way too slow for my liking.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:14 PM
4th Gear

Well I'm by no means computer illiterate, I know my way around xp. Just not one of those guys sitting at home on a friday night writing codes or playing world of warcraft. Just curious about the major differences between the two systems, especially the mac since I'm unfamiliar with it. So far its between a dell xps or a macbook pro. Gaming and longterm reliability the deciding factors.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Zombie Defense Force

gaming on a mac...rofl. get a pc for games.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dj Spiel

Sorry but I do know how to maintain a computer. I do clear the browsing history once a week,I do defrag it twice a month, and I delete all the useless crap that is not needed(apps and programs). I dont need spybot, McAffe does a great job of monitoring my computer and my network.

Quick Reply: mac vs windows (edjumicate me)