Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

m5

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Default RE: m5

yea but back to the styling, the new m5 and old m5 both change teh bumpers and a few other things. The reason this is so much more is b/c teh new 5 is. So teh M5 really stuck to what it does its just what it is based on is more umm whats the word, lets just say less sutale (sp?).

Old 12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
5th Gear

Subtle.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

yea but back to the styling, the new m5 and old m5 both change teh bumpers and a few other things. The reason this is so much more is b/c teh new 5 is. So teh M5 really stuck to what it does its just what it is based on is more umm whats the word, lets just say less sutale (sp?).
If I'm reading that right (no guarantees), you're saying something, I suppose. Maybe. Anyway.....

The new M5 is ugly because the new 5-series is ugly. It's not the M specific parts that make it too flashy, it's everything. The 5 used to be dignified and now it's screaming for attention. The M parts don't really make that much of a difference overall on this one, since it's already too EMO to start with.

The E39 540 was a very subtle, stately, classy car. The M package made it a subtle, stately, classy car with two big assed double barrel shotguns, a wicked GRRRRR, and a seriously bad attitude when angry.

Put it this way. The E39 M5 is the sexually frustrated librarian chick, just looking at her, you have only a tiny hint of how dirty she really is on the inside, but get a shot or two in her and you'll barely be albe to walk in the morning. The E60 is the hooker that's wearing the short skirt and 9-inch heels, she's probably killer in bed, but she has to be, looking like that all the time.

I'd rather bang the librarian, and I'd rather drive the E39.

(I think I went a bit overboard on the analogy, but I'm sticking by it )

Old 12-01-2005, 11:41 PM
5th Gear

Yeah I'd bang the librarian as well.

I seriously hate the entire bmw lineup... all the new ones are too ugly for me to bear.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:23 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

iDrive and SMG are still tosh though, I don't care what anyone says.
With you there.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
3rd Gear

The white is my fave...looks great.

Heinz, did you pre-order that one or was it in stock at a dealership?

Old 12-02-2005, 12:38 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

I don't know. i looked at those picts and all I kept thinking was "That would look so much better if it wasnt' white." I guess it takes all types t make the world go around.

Did Heinz say that he bought that M5? Did I miss something?

Old 12-02-2005, 01:08 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I don't know. i looked at those picts and all I kept thinking was "That would look so much better if it wasnt' white." I guess it takes all types t make the world go around.
You know pturbo, I would usually be with you on that one, but recently for some strange reason I have been really liking certain whites. If you had asked me a couple of months back, white would have been at the bottom of my list. But now I really dig the white M5 and the igloo white Evo IX....especially with the anthracite BBS....[sm=drooldude.gif]

The white Kia Sedona.....not so much

Old 12-02-2005, 01:48 AM
4th Gear

I go thru cycles liking/disliking different cars, but I don't do that with colors so much. White KIAs...white Tauruses...nah....not gonna do it. I don't know what car I like in white. Maybe there is something out there, but it isn't the M5. I'm too much into black and charcoal these days...or do I mean "Daytona Grey"

Old 12-02-2005, 02:14 AM
1st Gear

Open road ordered it for a customer who backed out, it went auction style.
Can only afford to put it on a recreational vehical until the spring.